DVC and Deluxe should get more FP+ and an earlier window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If like me you check back in where you left off, OP bailed on the thread about page 4 and deleted his/her posts at 10:30 Saturday night. DVCurious indeed...

If like me you check back in where you left off, OP bailed on the thread about page 4 and deleted his/her posts at 10:30 Saturday night. DVCurious indeed...
It was just a bit of :stir: I imagine and then the poster was done. The discussion was pretty interesting though.

It's interesting to see the various levels of entitlement expected (or not) by some people. :confused3

Perfectly agree on all accounts Been a DVC member for over 10 years and the OP does nothing but give the rest of us a bad rap. When you buy a DVC member you still have to buy park tickets as everyone else does. You get some perks but you don't deserve special benefits like the OP wants. I also totally agree about the embarrassment.
No he doesn't. He gives himself a bad rap, but we here in the cheap seats know most DVC owners are just like us bourgeoisie ;)

And yet he can't delete any of the many times his posts were quoted.

Think he was expecting a different response?

I don't think many financial experts would agree to that at all.

Let's say I average 12% from investments, which is the average yearly return of the DOW. I could make the $2000 10% down payment in cash and then place the remaining $18,000 in an investment account earning 12%. I could then finance the DVC at 7% for 10 years, since it's a fixed cost we don't have to factor in inflation, and at the end of the 10 years the DVC would be paid off and I'd still have money left in the account.

So by leveraging investments I would be able to pay less for the DVC by financing than if I had paid cash up front and saved the finance charges.

Financing is a good thing if you understand how to use it. That's why the super rich finance EVERYTHING. They NEVER pay cash.

If you're making 12% on average, you are doing AWESOME at it. Not what the average person gets though.

If you're financing out of _choice_ that's different. For the 12% to make a difference, you'd have to have enough to have purchased it outright anyways. But I still don't get how even for the extremely rich financing makes ANY financial sense, since you're essentially losing most of what you are making by doing so.

I should have said if they were financing out of _need_.

P.S. anyone else notice the OP has abandoned the thread and edited all his posts to "blank"?

P.S. It should be *its* - possessive, not a contraction of it is. Elitists who spend $20,000 on a membership that entitles them to all of the perks possible should know the difference. ;)

best post on this thread! and given the time of the posting, makes me believe it was the impetus to the OPs embarrassment and deleting of his posts (thanks to all of you who remembered "the rule"!)

after all, any member of the elite class would have learned this simple grammatical rule in prep school (or finishing school :lmao: )

It was just a bit of :stir: I imagine and then the poster was done. The discussion was pretty interesting though.

It's interesting to see the various levels of entitlement expected (or not) by some people. :confused3

He also deleted his posts on another thread where he stated off site guests should have access to FP+ ahead of time at all! Sounds like he got his hands smacked a little.:rotfl2:

I completely agree with the original poster. That is why I would never consider buying a Disney timeshare. The amount of perks they give you for shelling out that kind of cash are a joke. The only way I would consider buying a Disney timeshare is if I got unlimited fastpasses, 50% off of annual passes, and free deluxe dining.

Shelling out $20k for the "privilege" of paying unending maintenance fees??? You got to be joking. Why pay that kind of cash when my last stay at the Poly was only $189 per night?

I value my points at around $8 per point this year, that's even rounding up. That's my original cost divided by the number of years ($1.57 per point) plus this year's dues ($6 per point). I have 6 night at BWV studio for 91 points. So 6 nights for $728, which equals $121 per night.

The best part is I could sell my 250 BWV points right now and get my original investment back (paid $65 per point in 1999).

I value my points at around $8 per point this year, that's even rounding up. That's my original cost divided by the number of years ($1.57 per point) plus this year's dues ($6 per point). I have 6 night at BWV studio for 91 points. So 6 nights for $728, which equals $121 per night.

The best part is I could sell my 250 BWV points right now and get my original investment back (paid $65 per point in 1999).
I think it all depends on how you want to travel. DVC is deluxe accommodations and my family are moderates travelers.

The lack of housekeeping if the biggest PITA about DVC. It's hardly a vacation when you have to vacuum every darn day (which we had to do on this last trip….crumbs everywhere!)

I sure wouldn't turn my nose up at extra perks, but I long ago figured out Disney doesn't care. They've got you on a leash. That said, I do enjoy having it.

If you're making 12% on average, you are doing AWESOME at it. Not what the average person gets though.

If you're financing out of _choice_ that's different. For the 12% to make a difference, you'd have to have enough to have purchased it outright anyways. But I still don't get how even for the extremely rich financing makes ANY financial sense, since you're essentially losing most of what you are making by doing so.

I should have said if they were financing out of _need_.

P.S. anyone else notice the OP has abandoned the thread and edited all his posts to "blank"?

Ah! You almost got it! You lose MOST of what you make but not all, so that means you make money. Anytime you can finance something at a lower rate of return than you receive on investments then it's cheaper to finance than to sell your investments and pay cash.

Dcl gives perks to the cl guests. We get to board first, we have our own sundeck, buffet, bar able to book out excursions earlier. Etc. While I don't agree with the tone of the op...maybe his view point isn't to far fetched?

Oh boy!

One thing you have to look at from a business point of view is

There are now 5 value hotels.

1. It's not all about the price of the room.
2. Values are more filled nighty then any mod or deluxe
3. More people more ticket, dinning, junk sells in the parks
4. Volume is where Disney makes more $$$,
5. Simply the values cost disney less to run.

So op your ideas are silly . Your only thinking of this from your pocket book point of view. Not disneys

We have stayed at every class and our avg cost every other year is about 6k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter