DVC Annual Pass Discount and Ticket exchange

chrome64

Imagineer at Heart
We currently have 3 - four day park hopper passes (no expiration) and we have just paid our $500 to hold our 235 points until our trip in October (we will be able to pick our incentive since the current incentive will be changing after the first of October!). When we go we want to "upgrade" our tickets for annual passes. I understand that we can get a "dollar credit" for the value of our tickets when we do this. But, I want to make sure that we get the DVC discount. We are hoping to close on Oct. 5 and we are going to be in Disney Oct. 10-14. I also want to make sure that I can sign up for the DDE and use it on that trip.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to take care of all of this before we arrive in Orlando? If we have to wait until we get there, do you think that the International Gateway at Epcot is the best place to get this done? (we are staying at BW)

TIA for help and suggestions. I'm going to sit here, listen to the rain, wait for replys, and pray that the power doesn't go out.

Sounds like you might be in the path of Katrina - if so, hope you and everyone else is OK. All of those in harm's way will be in our prayers.

Assuming the park hoppers are unused, you can upgrade them to either an AP or a PAP and get full credit for the amount you paid for the hoppers. Assuming you qualify and can provide the required identification (blue member card & photo ID), you will get the DVC-discounted price for the AP or PAP. You may upgrade one park hopper per AP or PAP that you purchase.

The upgrade transaction(s) must take place on site. Yes, you can take care of it at the IG ticket booths if you so choose.

The only way to get the DDE is to call the DDE office. You need the numbers on the back of the AP/PAP. Since you obviously will not get the DDE card in the mail before you want to use it, DDE will arrange for you to pick up a temporary card at EPCOT's main entrance (usually available after 5:30 pm on the day you order the card). DDE is only open M-F and you must call prior to 3:30 on Friday to get the card Friday evening. But you can call them from on site after you get your Ap or PAP.

It's JMHO, but I think the best place to get all this done (at the same time and in the same place) is at the Guest Relations Office in the MarketPlace section of Downtown Disney. The CMs there are reported to be well trained and very helpful - especially to those who want to order the DDE card right after they purchase the AP or PAP. They'll help you call. (If you upgrade at the IG ticket booth, you're on your own for the call to DDE).

Best wishes -

CarolMN said:
Sounds like you might be in the path of Katrina - if so, hope you and everyone else is OK. All of those in harm's way will be in our prayers.

Assuming the park hoppers are unused, you can upgrade them to either an AP or a PAP and get full credit for the amount you paid for the hoppers. Assuming you qualify and can provide the required identification (blue member card & photo ID), you will get the DVC-discounted price for the AP or PAP. You may upgrade one park hopper per AP or PAP that you purchase.

The upgrade transaction(s) must take place on site. Yes, you can take care of it at the IG ticket booths if you so choose.

The only way to get the DDE is to call the DDE office. You need the numbers on the back of the AP/PAP. Since you obviously will not get the DDE card in the mail before you want to use it, DDE will arrange for you to pick up a temporary card at EPCOT's main entrance (usually available after 5:30 pm on the day you order the card). DDE is only open M-F and you must call prior to 3:30 on Friday to get the card Friday evening. But you can call them from on site after you get your Ap or PAP.

It's JMHO, but I think the best place to get all this done (at the same time and in the same place) is at the Guest Relations Office in the MarketPlace section of Downtown Disney. The CMs there are reported to be well trained and very helpful - especially to those who want to order the DDE card right after they purchase the AP or PAP. They'll help you call. (If you upgrade at the IG ticket booth, you're on your own for the call to DDE).

Best wishes -

Thanks! That is all great information! Any idea what time the Guest Relations Office in DTD opens? We are driving in on a Monday morning and would love to be at the parks when they open or shortly after.

As for Hurricane Katrina, we got a lot of rain and bad wind last night. Our house is fine but, there are several trees broken in our neighborhood. We are in North Alabama and by the time the storm got to us it was nothing like it was when it hit the coast. It's all so terrible.

chrome64 said:
Thanks! That is all great information! Any idea what time the Guest Relations Office in DTD opens? We are driving in on a Monday morning and would love to be at the parks when they open or shortly after.
Believe they open at the same time as all the shops - 9 am. You can certainly get the upgrade done at the parks if that isn't early enough for you.
chrome64 said:
As for Hurricane Katrina, we got a lot of rain and bad wind last night. Our house is fine but, there are several trees broken in our neighborhood. We are in North Alabama and by the time the storm got to us it was nothing like it was when it hit the coast. It's all so terrible.
Glad to hear the damage is relatively minor for you. As I listen to the news and see all the terrible pictures, I just want to cry for those along the coast. All we can do now is pray and send $$ to the relief organizations.

Best wishes -

ok, I think I might have screwed up....

I was going to order my ap's through MS this morning. The CM told me I can order them online and when I call DDE's office they will pull up my order with my confirmation number and they can get the voucher numbers that way and then order the DDE card. So I ordered them online. Well, now I know he was wrong after DDE's office and calling MS again. The problem though, is that when I ordered the ap's online I chose will call/pick up instead of mail delivery assuming I wouldn't need them until I got there based on what the CM had told me. So now I don't have the voucher numbers to order the DDE. We are getting there on a Sunday morning, can I order a DDE card at Guest Relations after picking up my ap's?

sarhenty said:

I was going to order my ap's through MS this morning. The CM told me I can order them online and when I call DDE's office they will pull up my order with my confirmation number and they can get the voucher numbers that way and then order the DDE card. So I ordered them online. Well, now I know he was wrong after DDE's office and calling MS again. The problem though, is that when I ordered the ap's online I chose will call/pick up instead of mail delivery assuming I wouldn't need them until I got there based on what the CM had told me. So now I don't have the voucher numbers to order the DDE. We are getting there on a Sunday morning, can I order a DDE card at Guest Relations after picking up my ap's?
Unfortunately, you cannot get a DDE card at Guest Relations. Has to be done through that separate office by phone or fax or mail.

Maybe you can call Guest Relations, though, and explain your situtation. Then, they can either mail the vouchers to you, or perhaps, read you the voucher numbers over the phone so you can have it to order the DDE? Don't know if that will work, but it's worth a shot.

Good luck!

sarhenty said:

You can call DDE from virtually anywhere after you pick up your AP, but you'll have to wait until Monday morning to do it. Disney Dining is only open M-F from 8 am to 5 pm Eastern.

When you call, ask the CM to send a temporary card to the Guest Relations booth at EPCOT's main entrance. You should be able to pick it up after 5:30 PM on the day you call if you call early enough in the day - think it has to be by 3 or 3:30 to get the card the same day.

Best wishes -

Forgot to say that the DDE card is only available by phone or by mail.

Best wishes -

When trying to figure out what type of park tix to purchase, I've been operating under the assumption that you can obtain a cash credit for any leftover park days on "1" multi-day plus tix - even if a day(s) has been previously used; as long as you're buying up (longer length, or AP). Anyone know if this is true & good for both leftover PH & MYW tix?

I just wanted to make sure you understand that IF you trade in the tickets you will get what you paid, not what they would have cost today. If you've had them a few years, you lose out a fair amount. Since they don't expire and allow park hopping, it may be better just to keep the old ones for a future trip and get the current AP for use now.

keishashadow, you can get a per day credit for all regular park days not used, again based on what you paid. Plus options have NO value essentially so make sure you use any plus options before you trade them in if you decide to do so.

Thanks, carol and kadaten, for your responses. Well I called MS again and wouldn't you know the same CM who made the mistake in telling me about the vouchers picks up (i didn't recognize his voice but he recognized the subject matter), well, I was super nice and politely told him that he had made a mistake and he was nice enough to apologize and told me someone would call me back to fix the problem and they did. It was the second CM who I had spoken to earlier in the day. She gave me the number for the ticketing office and told me to call them and let them know what happened, so I did, and they were able to intercept my order and express mail my vouchers, heww, close one but needless to say.... I'm a happy camper!

Sarhenty- I wondered about something in your post. Did you say that the incentives are changing in October? How do you know that? Is that common knowledge but I am out of the loop (likely) or do you have some inside scoop? Just wondering....

sarhenty said:
Thanks, carol and kadaten, for your responses. Well I called MS again and wouldn't you know the same CM who made the mistake in telling me about the vouchers picks up (i didn't recognize his voice but he recognized the subject matter), well, I was super nice and politely told him that he had made a mistake and he was nice enough to apologize and told me someone would call me back to fix the problem and they did. It was the second CM who I had spoken to earlier in the day. She gave me the number for the ticketing office and told me to call them and let them know what happened, so I did, and they were able to intercept my order and express mail my vouchers, heww, close one but needless to say.... I'm a happy camper!
Yay! Glad they were able to work it out for you! :)
Have a great trip!

TammyAlphabet said:
Sarhenty- I wondered about something in your post. Did you say that the incentives are changing in October? How do you know that? Is that common knowledge but I am out of the loop (likely) or do you have some inside scoop? Just wondering....

Not sure if we are on the topic of APs or DVC membership but, I mentioned something about the incentives for DVC membership changing in October. I was told that at the begining of the new fiscal year (Oct. 1st), The incentives will likely change. Currently they are offering a credit of $8 per point at Saratoga Springs. By Oct. 1st they will either release a new incentive or keep the current one.

In order to hold the current incentive we sent our initial deposit of $500 to lock in. However, we are not sending the remainder of our deposit until after Oct. 1st. We will be able to pick our incentive based on which is worth more. If we pick the new one, they will have to re-write our contract and we will send the remainder of our deposit. If we stay with the current incentive then we only have to send in the remainder of the deposit.

I hope that is what you were asking about, otherwise I'm just rambling for nothing! :rotfl2:

Chrome64

Dean said:
I just wanted to make sure you understand that IF you trade in the tickets you will get what you paid, not what they would have cost today. If you've had them a few years, you lose out a fair amount. Since they don't expire and allow park hopping, it may be better just to keep the old ones for a future trip and get the current AP for use now.

keishashadow, you can get a per day credit for all regular park days not used, again based on what you paid. Plus options have NO value essentially so make sure you use any plus options before you trade them in if you decide to do so.
Thanks, I was more interested in trading in left over days on 7 day MYW plus tix we bought in Jan., shouldn't lose much value. The WDW Travel CM I spoke to told me I had to have plus's left on the tix to trade in & would have to purchase a tix @ least 1 day longer than the original. Her rational was if the original tix had 5 pluses and we used 2, we'd only get 3 pluses on new 7 day tix :confused3 I'll have to call back & ask again.

sarhenty - nice to hear that WDW can admit that they make & fix their mistakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter