DVC Annual Pass Questions

MamaBelle4

DIS Veteran
We are considering buying DVC annual passes for our family for this coming trip. We are going December 2024 and then again in October 2025. Both trips would include a minimum of 5 park days, so it is certainly financially beneficial for us to do so. Problem is we are a family of 7 (yikes). All 5 children are under 18 and still live in our household, but only 2 still are "Disney kids". But we've never taken advantage of the annual pass for DVC members before so I have a few questions:

1) Are they currently for sale? Do we anticipate them being blocked again in the near future?
2) I would be buying them one at a time, but they don't activate until we activate them at the parks or guest services when we get to FL, right?
3) I know there's a set time in which to renew an AP, but does that keep it active, or is it kind of like activating a new one, where you renew but it doesn't take effect until you activate it on site?
4) I assume they do, but do they accept Disney gift cards as the payment method for purchase?
5) And do we need to call Member Services to purchase the annual pass?

Thank you all!

check website if available. don't start till activated. renew date is the date u started them the first time 1 year later. when you renew they are active the clock starts. it never stops once you activate the first time and then renewal after renewal. that's all I got. I on website when they went back on sale. I have had them for 15 plus years but let them go during covid. I used website to buy when they went back on sale was easy.

check website if available.
I logged into my DVC account and looked and I just kept getting looped around. I can call to see, I guess I was wondering more so if there's an anticipation of them being taken out of circulation.
renew date is the date u started them the first time 1 year later
Oh that is definitely good to know!! Thank you for answering so many of my questions!

I logged into my DVC account and looked and I just kept getting looped around. I can call to see, I guess I was wondering more so if there's an anticipation of them being taken out of circulation.

Oh that is definitely good to know!! Thank you for answering so many of my questions!
I know as much as you know for if they will not be available again. who knows. I know as long as I can afford it Im not giving them up again. if I knew during covid they would stop sales I would have kept them. I should have known something was up when they offered refunds for the time not used and mine had just restarted so I figured might as well take that money and I would just buy new cause the renewal savings is not really a big deal over the whole picture.

We are considering buying DVC annual passes for our family for this coming trip. We are going December 2024 and then again in October 2025. Both trips would include a minimum of 5 park days, so it is certainly financially beneficial for us to do so. Problem is we are a family of 7 (yikes). All 5 children are under 18 and still live in our household, but only 2 still are "Disney kids". But we've never taken advantage of the annual pass for DVC members before so I have a few questions:

1) Are they currently for sale? Do we anticipate them being blocked again in the near future?
2) I would be buying them one at a time, but they don't activate until we activate them at the parks or guest services when we get to FL, right?
3) I know there's a set time in which to renew an AP, but does that keep it active, or is it kind of like activating a new one, where you renew but it doesn't take effect until you activate it on site?
4) I assume they do, but do they accept Disney gift cards as the payment method for purchase?

Thank you all!
1.Yes, unknown.
4. Yes, but you can only use 1 gift card per purchase and a max of 1,000 for the card. So, you would have to use a credit card for the leftover 63.94.
5.No

We are considering buying DVC annual passes for our family for this coming trip. We are going December 2024 and then again in October 2025. Both trips would include a minimum of 5 park days, so it is certainly financially beneficial for us to do so. Problem is we are a family of 7 (yikes). All 5 children are under 18 and still live in our household, but only 2 still are "Disney kids".
I think APs are the same price for all ages - could be wrong though.
But we've never taken advantage of the annual pass for DVC members before so I have a few questions:

Yes, and as above we can’t say whether they’ll stop sales or not.
As above, they don’t activate until you use them to enter a park for the first time.
You can renew as early as 60 days before or as late as 30 days after the expiration date, and the new year begins automatically on the day after expiration.
Yes, they take DGCs, but there are limits on how many you can apply at one transaction. So if you have several smaller denomination GCs, use DisneyGiftCard.com to combine them (max $1000 per card).
You should be able to log into your MDE website and buy new APs online. To renew, you have to call MS.
Thank you all!
You’re very welcome!

Thank you all!
You say you are visiting in December. The DVC AP (assuming Sorcerer Pass) does have some blackout days in December, so make sure and look at that as part of your decision process.

I bought an AP months ago, when they started selling them again. I assume I have a "voucher." Should I go to Disney Springs when I arrive next week to activate it?
Thanks!

I bought an AP months ago, when they started selling them again. I assume I have a "voucher." Should I go to Disney Springs when I arrive next week to activate it?
Thanks!
The "voucher" should be showing in your MDE app if you linked it when you bought the ap. Otherwise, you'll need to track down your email confirmation. I bought mine when they first started selling them too. I think that was back in April. We were staying at BW this past Aug and we walked over the back entrance of Epot and activated them there. So I guess it all depends on where the closest guest services will be when you arrive.

The "voucher" should be showing in your MDE app if you linked it when you bought the ap. Otherwise, you'll need to track down your email confirmation. I bought mine when they first started selling them too. I think that was back in April. We were staying at BW this past Aug and we walked over the back entrance of Epot and activated them there. So I guess it all depends on where the closest guest services will be when you arrive.
Yep, there it is! Thanks! It is blank for time remaining. I will try to stop in at Disney Springs on my way to OKW.
Thanks again.

Thanks!
It should show in MDE under tickets and passes No need to ‘activate’ it prior to tapping in at a park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter