DVC Annual Pass

Reginaphalange1

Earning My Ears
I am a DVC member but my sister is not. Can I buy her the discounted Sorcerer pass on Thursday? We have the same last name and home address on our ID’s

I believe the answer is yes. As long as you are in the same household and have the same address on your ID's as you have to prove that to activate the tickets (so in my experience you have to travel together when you activate the tickets as you need to show your DVC-Y membership and ID and your sister would have to show her ID with matching address). My in-laws were the only DVC members several years ago when we bought annual passes and because they live in the same household as us in an in-law apartment, they were allowed to buy us tickets as well. We don't even have the same last name (it is my husband's stepfather and mother).

You don’t have to travel together - I had to send copy of my card with DD - I called Member Services to see how this would work and that’s what they stated - may have changed but that’s what I was told - she was adult but lived with me and we had purchased passes - hers was activated a month before mine

You don’t have to travel together - I had to send copy of my card with DD - I called Member Services to see how this would work and that’s what they stated - may have changed but that’s what I was told - she was adult but lived with me and we had purchased passes - hers was activated a month before mine
Good to know! (Although we are DVC now and don't need my in-laws for discounts/to activate passes anymore.) Our experience was a long time ago (guessing 2007) so maybe they have updated things and realized that all household members may not travel at the same time.

I was wondering what time on the 13th do the passes start selling. Is it 12:01 am on the 13th?
Thanks.

Curious how other people think about this as they age. My daughter is now 25. She is still on my insurance, but she doesn't have my address. I assume I can't get her an AP but I will continue to for my younger in college because she is in my house. When I hopefully have grandkids, do I add them to my reservation so that we can all go? Can you have joint ownership with two addresses? Would that trigger a "resale" and have me lose benefits? Do I just joint ownership my next purchase (if they get something that convinces me to purchase more)? Just curious what other people have done if anything.

Hi - I just became a DVC member yesterday (!) because we have been on the fence, but the annual pass early sale pushed me over the edge. For the AP sale on 4/13, I know we don't know what time it starts* but would I access that sale from the DVC member page? Any other tips I should know? It's my first AP!

* Interesting because I will be at the MK Extended Extra Hours the night before until 1am, so waking up at 6am to check for AP sales sounds super fun! (I should be safe if I just do this at 7am with my genie+ stuff, yes?)

Curious how other people think about this as they age. My daughter is now 25. She is still on my insurance, but she doesn't have my address. I assume I can't get her an AP but I will continue to for my younger in college because she is in my house. When I hopefully have grandkids, do I add them to my reservation so that we can all go? Can you have joint ownership with two addresses? Would that trigger a "resale" and have me lose benefits? Do I just joint ownership my next purchase (if they get something that convinces me to purchase more)? Just curious what other people have done if anything.

We decided to add our adult children as owners in 2019. You can have up to six owners on a deed.

We felt comfortable with this and went through all the pros and especially cons, like bankruptcy and divorce, or that once they own, you can’t sell without them giving their approval. Even after that we decided it was still something we wanted to do,

They are eligible for benefits now. If you have more than one contract in a membership, all have to be changed or it triggers a new membership.

Does Disney require proof of who lives in your household? Like a 18-year-old, or a 32-year old?
Or is it on a honors system?

Had that AP for years. We sold our second contract last year, so now an AP makes no sense unless they decrease the price a LOT.

Hi - I just became a DVC member yesterday (!) because we have been on the fence, but the annual pass early sale pushed me over the edge. For the AP sale on 4/13, I know we don't know what time it starts* but would I access that sale from the DVC member page? Any other tips I should know? It's my first AP!

* Interesting because I will be at the MK Extended Extra Hours the night before until 1am, so waking up at 6am to check for AP sales sounds super fun! (I should be safe if I just do this at 7am with my genie+ stuff, yes?)
Welcome Home!

I only have resell points😩 I need a Sorcerers Pass… I’m praying there will be a glitch that will allow me to buy a pass on the 13th. I have missed my annual pass since I let it lapse. 🤞 Does anyone know how to fake an ID and say I live in your house? 🤣

I only have resell points😩 I need a Sorcerers Pass… I’m praying there will be a glitch that will allow me to buy a pass on the 13th. I have missed my annual pass since I let it lapse. 🤞 Does anyone know how to fake an ID and say I live in your house? 🤣
Do you otherwise qualify for a Sorcerers Pass (Florida resident)? It seems like there was a glitch that allowed people to purchase in the past, but they were disqualified when they attempted to activate. If you don't qualify, I wouldn't try it. There might be a glitch that lets you have early access to the Incredi-pass; I can see that happening and it would likely work out.

Guessing you’re not a FL resident.

For those with DVC ND affiliation, I believe one of two things will happen: the website automatically blocks or the website glitches and the GS window blocks.

In the case of GS, if it’s anything like the last time, they will refund your money. Your options will be to purchase new tickets OR hopefully allow you to purchase an Incredi-Pass.

Yes, I am not a FL resident. I will try and see what happens. Wish me luck!

When you log in to your account on the WDW sites and choose tickets, and then passes, does it give you the option to purchase the Sorcerer pass? Or just the Incredipass?

Also, when I renewed my pass last year, and gave the CM my membership number of my DVC temporary card, she said that those now indicate if you can buy the pass, and that if it is an ineligible account, the system will show and they can’t be activated.

Last edited:
How does it work if I purchase a pass that I want to activate in November when it comes to making park reservations?

John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter