DVC AP Renewal

brettcw23

DIS Dad #722 Pittsburgh, PA
I know the standard renewal is 60 days prior to expiration and 30 days after. My situation is that we are the World (BWV & BLT) 7/21 - 7/30. Our APs expire Thursday 7/28. So we can't make Park Pass reservations or update Genie until we get our renewals done. Anyone know if Member Service or Passholder services will give a break and let us renew a little earlier so we can finish booking ADRs and such?

I know the standard renewal is 60 days prior to expiration and 30 days after. My situation is that we are the World (BWV & BLT) 7/21 - 7/30. Our APs expire Thursday 7/28. So we can't make Park Pass reservations or update Genie until we get our renewals done. Anyone know if Member Service or Passholder services will give a break and let us renew a little earlier so we can finish booking ADRs and such?
You can book ADRs, even for restaurants inside parks, without having park tickets or park reservations. So you could call a few days before the 60-day mark for your checkin date and ask politely to renew a few days early, and maybe you’ll get some pixie dust. But if not, you really won’t be at any disadvantage. It’s not likely that park passes for July 29-30 will book up 60 days in advance.

You can book ADRs, even for restaurants inside parks, without having park tickets or park reservations. So you could call a few days before the 60-day mark for your checkin date and ask politely to renew a few days early, and maybe you’ll get some pixie dust. But if not, you really won’t be at any disadvantage. It’s not likely that park passes for July 29-30 will book up 60 days in advance.
Thanks for the feedback. I think that's going to be my approach. I'd wish they had a policy that accommodated for situations like this where a resort is booked and extends beyond the expiration period. I'm not trying to game the system, but it puts me at a disadvantage to someone who gets tickets with their resort reservation. First World problems, I know. :-)

Last year, we renewed our gold passes in April when they expired in September. This was because we had a trip scheduled in January and we needed to make park passes. You might try giving them a call to see if they are still renewing passes early. We had our resort stay booked which was a factor in the renewal. We renewed at DS and the CM mentioned our January trip before I had a chance.

Last year, we renewed our gold passes in April when they expired in September. This was because we had a trip scheduled in January and we needed to make park passes. You might try giving them a call to see if they are still renewing passes early. We had our resort stay booked which was a factor in the renewal. We renewed at DS and the CM mentioned our January trip before I had a chance.
Many people have tried recently to renew prior to the 60 day window opening only to be told no.

Last year, we were able to renew early. I called this year and was told no. Maybe you'll have better luck.

I had an issue a few years ago when our pass was going to expire in the middle of our trip. I called and told them that we were not going to renew because our next trip was going to be more than 12 months away and they extended the AP by another week to accommodate the trip.

Just a quick update. I called every few weeks hoping Disney would let me renew early but not dice. Legit called about 8 different times. Lol. In the end I was still able to get my Park Pass reservations and the timeframe had no impact on my ADRs. All in all, a happy ending.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter