DVC blue card discounts?

california37

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone- my DH and I don’t agree on something and I wondered if someone (maybe a CM) would know the answer...
When accessing the Epcot DVC lounge do they look you up on the system if you have a blue card and ID to hand?
Or if you purchase a AL at the kiosk, do they look up your DVC membership if you have your blue card and ID??

Thanks in advance!

I've been in the lounge multiple times, and there are some conflicting reports, but I do not believe they actually look you up. They will definitely ask for your blue membership card (physical or digital), but when they take it I think they're just adding your name to the list of people currently inside so they can keep track of numbers. I could be corrected however.

What is AL?

It depends on the CM but there have certainly been a few times that we have actually seen them look us up. I have a somewhat common last name, so I gave them that and they asked if I was another member (I was fishing my card out of my wallet at the time) so they were absolutely searching by last name.

They have got very strict on this. I went in both July and August and it was the same. They wanted photo ID, then they are checking you on a computer.
I’m from U.K. where it’s not normal to walk around constantly with photo ID so we often don’t have it, and my wife wanted to get in. She didn’t have her ID but had her card. They gave her a real quizzing, what’s your address, phone number, date of birth etc so they had all this in front of them on a computer. So they definitely 100% have all the member details on the computer. They were satisfied it was her and then let her in.
You also now get the lecture about not putting feet on furniture etc- honestly shouldn’t be necessary, but clearly it is unfortunately!
On no occasion were we asked to check out.

Last edited:
The one time we went up to the lounge, they checked our membership on the computer before we were able to go up. And they checked a photo ID.

You need the blue card and matching photo ID.
I've noticed a couple of "Do I need to carry ID at WDW" questions lately and here is yet another reason to take your DL/photo ID. They might not ask, but how ya gonna feel if they ask for it and you don't get in because you left your DL in the room?

When we were there in April, we had to wait quite a bit to enter because the family ahead of us evidently did not have either a Blue card or any I.D with them....so the CM was trying to look them up. I heard him say a couple of times that he could not find them. The family ended up not being allowed up.

Thanks for the comments-it settled that conversation we were having!

It was my typo on the op of AL... I meant AP (annual pass)

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter