DVC Bookings over winter holidays?

El Guapo

Earning My Ears
Our family is hoping to visit Aulani for the first time over the Xmas/New Year's holidays 2019-20.

Can anyone comment on how easy or difficult it will be to get a reservation at the 7 month mark?

Thanks!!!

Our family is hoping to visit Aulani for the first time over the Xmas/New Year's holidays 2019-20.

Can anyone comment on how easy or difficult it will be to get a reservation at the 7 month mark?

Thanks!!!

Aloha! What you will find is at 7 months out, the cheapest views go super fast, and particularly at holiday/peak times. The lower the points per night/lesser view, the faster those rooms get booked up. If you are going to book a better view like Pool or Ocean, it will increase your odds at 7 months. I have used my points several times at Aulani, most in winter, but not over the Christmas holiday. Lots of local folks do use their memberships for holidays and weekends.

I would grab and book whatever will work for you right at the moment 7 month inventory is released and waitlist for what you prefer. Good luck!!

I booked our Christmas Aulani Vacation on May 21, 2018 for December 21-26th. We needed a 2 bedroom, I was "forced" to get an Ocean view. booked it early in the morning and planning our trip now!! Around month 8, there were more options, but I am excited with what we have. Nothing available from 12/27-1/1. New Year's weekend was gone about 10 months out. Hope that helps!

I was able to book December 20-27th in a 1 bedroom at exactly 7 months out in a pool view. A few less points than ocean view so I was happy. Most availability was gone within a few hours. I actually first booked the 18th-25, then "walked" the reservation for two days until I got exactly what I wanted. That way i had Christmas booked, just in case it disappeared before my actual 7 month mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter