DVC Cabins

BaymaxFan78

Enthusiast
I have a cabin trip booked for July 1st. Very excited and coincidentally the new DVC cabins open on that date. Last month when booking opened for APs I called and tried to get one but was told we couldn't stay until the end of September. That's the policy posted online now, so I assume they only want DVC members for the first few months. However, the CM said she left a note anyways that we requested one. Is there any chance we can actually get one? I'm going to ask on check in day though I'm not expecting to get one.

That's the policy posted online now, so I assume they only want DVC members for the first few months.
That's not how DVC works. Legally, a certain percentage of the DVC cabins can be booked via cash by anyone, the rest can only be booked by DVC members who are using their points.

Looking at the DVC booking site, there aren't any dates where the cabins available through DVC booking are sold out but currently, only those who own points at those cabins can book them. Even though they haven't been booked by DVC members yet they can't legally be reserved by those paying cash. I imagine the inventory will change starting April 23 when DVC members who own any points can start booking.

In regards to your question, since they won't have all of the cabins ready by September during your trip, a relatively small number of new cabins can be booked anyway via cash or points so the likelihood of getting a new cabin is low (although not impossible).

That's not how DVC works. Legally, a certain percentage of the DVC cabins can be booked via cash by anyone, the rest can only be booked by DVC members who are using their points.

Looking at the DVC booking site, there aren't any dates where the cabins available through DVC booking are sold out but currently, only those who own points at those cabins can book them. Even though they haven't been booked by DVC members yet they can't legally be reserved by those paying cash. I imagine the inventory will change starting April 23 when DVC members who own any points can start booking.

In regards to your question, since they won't have all of the cabins ready by September during your trip, a relatively small number of new cabins can be booked anyway via cash or points so the likelihood of getting a new cabin is low (although not impossible).
Legally, yes. But they are not accepting reservations until September 27th for cash. Only DVC members or people renting DVC points can book from July 1st - September 27th.Capture569889.PNG

Does anyone know where the DVC cabins are located within the campground? All in one area, or spread out? Want to walk around campground on our trip at end of April and would like to see some of the DVC cabins.

Does anyone know where the DVC cabins are located within the campground? All in one area, or spread out? Want to walk around campground on our trip at end of April and would like to see some of the DVC cabins.

Well there is a WHOLE long thread (10 pages long) about the DVC Cabins (Cabins of Fort Wilderness or "CFW").

About page 5 of that thread you can pick up the info you are asking about and follow it to its current end.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/any-word-or-any-prep-work-being-done-for-new-dvc-cabins.3929532/

Bama Ed

PS - who knew, right? :confused3

Ed provided the intimate details (12 pages worth). In short, ALL the current cabins are being replaced and converted to DVC. The map below shows all the loops. The cabin loops are closest to the entrance (Outpost) and are the loops circled in brown towards the bottom. (2200-2800). The exception on this map is loop 2100 that was converted back into a Full camping loop a few years ago. There are also 2 cabins in the 100 loop.

As for walking, the Fort is huge. About a mile from the Outpost (entrance) to the Settlement (boat dock, Trails End, Hoop-Dee-Do), It is definitely walkable, but takes a lot of time. The internal buses are free and a nice way to see the layout without so much walking.

1713201547792.png

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter