dvc check in

You can do it as far in advance as you wish. But if you're DVC, I'd highly recommend you make the request through Member Services - call or chat.

I would do requests at least a week in advance due to when assignments are made.

I usually call member services to log requests well ahead of any online check in. Even couple months before trip. That check in is very basic. Leave requests on that part blank to avoid overriding original requests. Online check will cover credit card and estimated arrival time.

Online requests are not the best way to make them. Call or email MS to have them add the request to the reservation and when you do online check in don't do anything with the request area.

If I've got reservations with mixed Member IDs (so they can't be connected). If I do an early check in do I need to check in to them separately?

I have one night at AKV using our Feb UY Member ID and the remaining nights on our Oct AKV Member ID.

I have contacted MS and they notated both reservations are associated.

If I've got reservations with mixed Member IDs (so they can't be connected). If I do an early check in do I need to check in to them separately?

I have one night at AKV using our Feb UY Member ID and the remaining nights on our Oct AKV Member ID.

I usually do online check in on both. No idea if I need to though.

I usually do although once when I hadn't the resort did it for me. In addition to checking in on both I always go to the front desk to confirm they've seen that it's a continuing stay and that they have us set to stay in the same room.

how many days ahead of arrival date can i do check in, in order to make requests?
Best to make location requests via chat, email, or phone call with MS because the online options are so limited. As for when, I’ve read that rooms are assigned 3 days, 5 days, a week, and now, according to the recent post quoted below from another thread, 14 days before arrival. Therefore I’d make location/view requests a month or more before.
I think other have said this, but I make my requests at time of book.

I don’t the the check in process matter since, the rooms are assigned 14 days in advance, according to a back of house manager at BLT.

I do use online check in because it is just easier, to me .

thanks for your help. first trip as DVC members. staying at AKL jambo house 4 days and SS 2 days.

You can do online check-in as early as right after doing the reservation and connecting it to your MDE account. It should be done at least a week before arrival. I usually do it in the neighborhood of four months or so out from arrival because, by then, I am usually certain that we will be going for the dates specified and certain as to which family members are actually going with.

You should not use the location request section when doing online check-in. Instead, such requests should be made through MS via phone, chat or email. The online request section has limited requests and a number are just ridiculous. For example. one of the main displayed requests during online check-in for Jambo is high floor. a pointless request since all DVC rooms are on the 5th floor (except for club level rooms, which are on the 6th floor). Also note that once you have put in a request through MS, do not use that online request section since doing so will wipe any requests you made through MS.

Since you have both Jambo and SSR, you have two separate reservations. You need to check-in for each separately.

are we just talking location requests? I have a 2br Villa for an upcoming stay…can I make a request for a lockoff room instead of the regular 2br villa?

Last edited:
Lock-off and Dedicated 2-bedrooms are booking categories, not requests.
Ok. Can you give me an idea of what requests can be made? I’m not a DVC member but am renting a DVC for an upcoming trip. Can I use MS or is that just for owners? Thanks.

Ok. Can you give me an idea of what requests can be made? I’m not a DVC member but am renting a DVC for an upcoming trip. Can I use MS or is that just for owners? Thanks.
The owner has to contact MS and submit the request for you. They can use chat, email, or call MS. (OTOH, some guests have reported using Touring Plans request service, with positive results.)

In making the reservation you (through the member making the reservation) need to choose among room categories such as studio, 1BR, 2BR lockoff, or dedicated 2BR. Depending on the resort, you may also need to choose a specific room view, e.g., at BWV, the rooms have three different views one can reserve -- standard view, boardwalk view, or pool/garden view (standard view uses fewer points than either boardwalk or pool/garden view).

Everything else that you might want with the room, such as high or low floor, close to lobby, near an elevator, (many others), are non-guaranteed requests and you have two options for how they can be made if renting a DVC room from a member (either directly or through a broker).

One method, and the preferred method because you can make many different kinds of requests, is to have the member put in a request through DVC Member Services. The kind of requests you can make can vary depending on resort or room category and the kinds can differ among the resorts, so best to do some historical searches on this site for posts involving room requests. We members cannot really give any recommendations for such requests without first knowing the resort and room category you have reserved.

The other method is something you can do after you add the reservation number to your MyDisneyExperience.com account (if you do not already have an MDE account, it is imperative that you set one up and learn how to use it). That site allows you to add your room reservation number to the account, check-in, make restaurant and park reservations, and other things.

On your MDE account you can do pre-arrival check-in to your room (and you can do that any time after adding the reservation to your MDE account). As part of that check-in, there is a section that allows you to choose some location requests, such as high floor, near an elevator, near transportation, and some others. The kinds and numbers of requests you can make are limited in comparison to what you can do through Member Services. One problem with those online requests is that some of the requests are pointless. For example, for AKV Jambo you can request high floor online for a DVC room, but all DVC rooms are on the fifth floor (except the small number of club level rooms on the sixth floor), so requesting high floor is pointless. As a result, many DVC Members avoid that online request section and instead contact Member Services to give location requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter