DVC Confessional

I—never thought of this being an issue🤯 Thanks for sharing this I gotta go delete some waitlists 🏃🏼‍♀💨
We went from BLT to BWV 2br standard during F&W (!) so we got one more night for 2 fewer points. I figured it was never going to fill because it hadn't filled for *months*, and then I wasn't keeping track of the days...

We went from BLT to BWV 2br standard during F&W (!) so we got one more night for 2 fewer points. I figured it was never going to fill because it hadn't filled for *months*, and then I wasn't keeping track of the days...
That’s a good tradeoff if just 2 points end up in holding.

To quote Dave Grohl, I’ve got another confession to make….
When we first bought DVC we were given developer points to use at SSR. We booked a 2BR for our family of 5 and my friend, her two kids and her new husband. He, in turn, invited his two little girls from his first marriage. Yup, we had 4 adults and 7 kids in a 2BR for four nights.🤫

I'm a last-minute planner. The whole conversation of having to book 11 or 7 months out gives me anxiety.
We purchased an OKW contract so we'd darn near would have a guaranteed room to stay.

The hindsight...We could have purchased wherever. We go at off times of the year that we dont have too much trouble finding a room 3-4 months out.

Inquiring minds need to know :scratchin

Because you “can’t” or “won’t”?

Regardless, you are entitled to do so. No shade
Actually, neither. DS went through an AKL phase then a Boardwalk phase. Then, another time we got a hard to get Beach Club. Next summer we get pretty close as we have a Copper Creek reservation but still not Boulder Ridge 😂

I have 2 points that are stuck in 2023 UY that will expire because I didn't manage them properly.
I lost a whole years worth of points pretty early on. (~160) We cancelled a VGC trip because I was essentially unemployed. Then we tried to turn it into a VBR trip, and we had to cancel that because my dad had a major health issue. The points weren't bankable, and I didn't feel I could try to rent them out because we were still paying on the contract and were behind on the payments. I rationalized it by figuring that those were the bonus developer points we received when we bought.

I'm so WDW obsessed that we always plan a trip for 2-3 months after a new grandchild is born, so they can grow up obsessed too! (We are up to 7 grands or "Future DVC'ers" as we call them)

A few confessions....

I like DVC too much.
Getting my member login for the first time and being able to stalk the site and look at room availability made me way more happy than it should.
The anxiety and choice of picking a room to jump to at 7 months brings me lots of stress and joy at the same time :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter