• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Contemporary??

Frosty&PixieRN3903

I’m Mary Poppins Y’all!!!
Does anyone have any info on whether WDW is going to be adding the Contemporary to the DVC Resorts??:mickeyjum :donald: :goofy:

well -- that is 'the' question isn't it! And 'everyone' seems to have an opinion!

I won't go into the old saying about the fact that everyone has an _____ ! :rotfl: :confused3

You'll know, as soon as it's annouced (assuming it is of course! )

Read my thread "Looks like Contemporary DVC is still a Possibility"

Includes a link to permit info submitted on Nov 6th, 2006 including the following:

"The project is a proposed Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Resort that will be built at the Contemporary Hotel in Walt Disney World, Florida. More specifically, the site of the new construction is the existing north wing of the Contemporary Hotel.....This construction will be demolished to accomodate the new project."

"The new building will be a sixteen story tower that will be generally crescent shaped. The building will be located to the northwest of the existing tower...

Support construction will include a swimming pool and deck area plus new pavements with a reconfiguration of existing pavements."

Someone else posted this rendering:

db_2008_DVC_Wing_art19.jpg

In short recent evidence has suggested the idea of a Contemporary DVC is more than a mere pipe dream. On the other hand, there seems to be some impediment before the higher ups make a final decision on that one.

One thing to keep in mind though, if Disney decides selling two resorts at a time is ok or a good thing, we'll still be waiting for SSR to sell out. That isn't expected until Fall of this year.

And then if Disney does decide to go for a CV, they'll be building a separate 16 story building of villas where the North Wing resides now. So it'll be at least another year before occupancy can take place. By those calculations, I wouldn't expect a CV announcement until 2008 and occupancy before 2009-2010.

On the other hand, if they decide it's easier to do a big SSR-like resort, Eagle Pines is still available. And wouldn't they be smaller buildings with occupancy at an earlier time?

Hmm, and people complained about SSR owners flooding the system. Imagine what all those point holders of big one-building only resorts not even built will do to the system.

I can't wait 3 years for DVC to be ready there I want it now. I would love DVC at the CR
maria

hey I need to save the money. 2009 or 2010 is plenty soon enough for me.:goodvibes

I agree. My parents own in the BWV so I try to take advantage of that when I can. We're making our first trip with our DD (will be 11 mos.) in July.
Right now the thought of dropping $15,000 or more to buy in plus dues is daunting.

If they can take their time, sell SSR, AKV (or whatever), maybe make the Eagle Pines thing a go... I'm happy to wait to buy into CRV. As membership grows, we've learned through my parents its hard to get reservations out of your home resort. Its the reason I don't care about the SSR or AKV now, I don't like the locations and would rather stay at BWV/BCV today and CRV in the future. 1) Its hard to do that on the 7 month system and 2) I personally feel buying membership in one location and then not staying there is not necessarily fair to owners in the other resorts. I get, they have first priority, but sometimes you don't want to plan a trip 8 or more months in advance.

I'd just assume own in the location I'd most often stay. That would be:
BWV - great location can walk to 2 of the 4 main parks
BCV - same as above, but I like the boardwalk views of Epcot

If built, CRV (especially with a young child) would be perfect - again easy access to two parks, great view of the Kingdom.

AKV is going to be great views of the Safari, but so far removed from everything, as is SSR - Great access to shopping and DTD, but I don't go for DTD - I go for the parks!

I'm hoping they take up 2007-2009 on existing opportunities in SSR, AKV and think about CRV in 2010. I need to make some more money before they start selling :)

me too just got a little crazy for a minute
maria

I will be at windsor hills march 8-15 own Dvc but I take my 3-4 lb dog so I rented BWV for week of march 11 and will stay offsite .I need a pet friendly resort in disney .wrote them many times but hasn't worked yet
maria

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter