DVC contract long term plans

We purchased in '08 having no idea there was a resale market that worked. We enjoy our DVC but it is nice to know the resale market is an option. As long as we're enjoying traveling to Florida we'll keep our DVC. Because of a snafu I recently purchased a night at BC for cash - OMG! Sticker Shock!.

We bought in 1992, our daughter was 5 and our son wasn’t here yet😀.

Fast forward 30 years, daughter 35, son 27, grandsons 9 and 4. While we don’t use it as much as we used to and we rent out points to cover annual dues, our current feeling is we will keep it until 2042. It is amazing that we could sell it for 150% of what we bought it for, or a little more.

mac_tlc
That is pretty awesome!

Bought in 1995 at OKW when our sons were young and wanted a fixed way to take family trips. Sons now 40 & 37 married and enjoying trips with us and separate trips.
We use during winter months to get away from dreary weather. Own points at HH and CC also. Love the flexible options and time spent with family and friends.

We bought 170 points in 2003 and added 30 in 2006. At that time, the kids were still at home. We planned to go every other year, and we did stay the course for a few years.

I was a lifer, first visiting in 1971.

Life changed. Our dd became a cp, cm and UCF grad. Then moved home. She still loves Disney and visits often with her family, but working there did offer a different perspective.

Our son and his family love it too, but they have other vacation interests.

The last few trips have become a challenge. There are 10 of us. The stress level of trying to get on rides, juggling points, having to travel in summer when school is out, making reservations, has made the planning more difficult. It has gotten more and more expensive and requires constant updates on our phones. Commando parks used to be fun. Now it's noses in phones and by the end of the week, exhausting.

So we're selling our points. We can always rent points, or go back to Port Orleans, Riverside. Things have really changed. I loved MGM. Now, it's my least favorite park. We aren't swearing off Disney but we want to see how the dust settles over the next year or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter