Dvc cruise 2024

We booked the Lighthouse Point cruise in the category we wanted, 3rd choice cabin. Very happy with the outcome. Particularly because I was on the phone booking a category down and my husband said, just book the next one up - we won't travel with her forever. (Our daughter is currently a freshman in college.)

I called at 3:51 EST, no wait time at all, was able to book a Cat 4C verandah for the Europe cruise. This will be our first Member Cruise and my Husband's first Disney Cruise. He didn't really have any specific stateroom requests except having a verandah. We are really excited to enjoy this itinerary.

Anybody getting the travel insurance?
I think I'm just going with 3rd party. Haven't spoken with Disney yet. Theirs is usually more expensive for similar coverage. How does it work with the points? If you have to cancel for a covered reason - do you still lose them?

I booked but after trying for 2 hours on the phone, only to be told to call back later.

I eventually got through after about 30 mins or so on hold

Ive also priced up the week after as a regular Disney cruise with the same itinerary.

For 2 of us thats $5935 for cat 4E. Member cruise is $6620.

Not sure why its $685 more......

I booked but after trying for 2 hours on the phone, only to be told to call back later.

I eventually got through after about 30 mins or so on hold

Ive also priced up the week after as a regular Disney cruise with the same itinerary.

For 2 of us thats $5935 for cat 4E. Member cruise is $6620.

Not sure why its $685 more......
Don’t forget the Member cruise total includes your taxes/fees and gratuities. Plus then a little extra for all the “free” stuff you get.

If you carry the yearly DVC insurance and used any points on this it covers the trip. I always use that but also get a 3rd party so I have a “cancel for any reason” clause.
I didn't use any points and never buy the the DVC insurance but know they'll offer it when they call to collect payment. But I've decided to use my Chase Sapphire Reserve for like $50 on the payment (the rest will be DGCs) since it's got good built in travel insurance, and then get a medical insurance to supplement.

I didn't use any points and never buy the the DVC insurance but know they'll offer it when they call to collect payment. But I've decided to use my Chase Sapphire Reserve for like $50 on the payment (the rest will be DGCs) since it's got good built in travel insurance, and then get a medical insurance to supplement.
Good idea. I often use my CSR or Amex Plat for those reasons however for a cruise they don’t cover pre-existing conditions for trip cancellation and that is important in our specific case.

I carry the DVC yearly insurance to protect all our trips just as a backup to regain dues in the absolute worst case scenario so that automatically covers the cruise. I booked both cruises and the Lighthouse required points.

Last edited:
I was really torn as we have yet to do a Member Cruise, but we’re doing the Mediterranean this summer and would prefer to do something else next summer.

I’m choking a bit on the point + cash price, given that it’s effectively more than the Mediterranean cruise on an older ship for 2 less days, but we decided we didn’t want to pass up the opportunity for the 2 stops at Lighthouse + Castaway Cay (the only way it would’ve been more perfect is if it also had 2 stops at Castaway Cay). We opted not to take the boys, partly because my youngest will likely still be in school if there are any snow days, even though we could have done the 3rd guest on points and rest cash hack. This’ll be a nice pre-anniversary trip for my husband and I, and fingers crossed it’ll also be a celebration of him being cancer free for a year (he starts chemo in a few weeks for bladder cancer).

I’m a little bummed Lighthouse isn’t a members cruise, though. I really wish they had made it one!

We are squeezing in waaaay too many things in our 2023 UY, so I’m actually going to have start borrowing in from 2024 for all of this.

I was really torn as we have yet to do a Member Cruise, but we’re doing the Mediterranean this summer and would prefer to do something else next summer.

I’m choking a bit on the point + cash price, given that it’s effectively more than the Mediterranean cruise on an older ship for 2 less days, but we decided we didn’t want to pass up the opportunity for the 2 stops at Lighthouse + Castaway Cay (the only way it would’ve been more perfect is if it also had 2 stops at Castaway Cay). We opted not to take the boys, partly because my youngest will likely still be in school if there are any snow days, even though we could have done the 3rd guest on points and rest cash hack. This’ll be a nice pre-anniversary trip for my husband and I, and fingers crossed it’ll also be a celebration of him being cancer free for a year (he starts chemo in a few weeks for bladder cancer).

I’m a little bummed Lighthouse isn’t a members cruise, though. I really wish they had made it one!

We are squeezing in waaaay too many things in our 2023 UY, so I’m actually going to have start borrowing in from 2024 for all of this.
Good luck to your DH, a speedy recovery!

I was in the shower yesterday when they called to collect payment, so they left a message to call back today. When I did, I got a busy signal!!! Not again!!! 😂 I need to play it for my kids, I don’t think they’ve ever heard a phone busy signal.

Good luck to your DH, a speedy recovery!
Thank you! This last week has been a whirlwind for sure. My DH’s worst nightmare is a diagnosis of cancer (his best friend and his father both died of cancer), but I’m remaining optimistic since it was caught early, is treatable, and survivability is high. His medical file says an intermediate chance of recurrence, though, so we’ve got a good chance he’ll be fighting this for the rest of his life, but I’m holding out hope the early detection, surgery and chemo treatment will give us a more positive outcome.

@Lorana best wishes to your DH. Mine was treated for cancer just prior to a WDW visit that was scheduled long before the diagnosis, and the staff worked extra hard to make sure he finished his treatments in time to go. Prayers that all will go well for your DH and you.

I was in the shower yesterday when they called to collect payment, so they left a message to call back today. When I did, I got a busy signal!!! Not again!!! 😂 I need to play it for my kids, I don’t think they’ve ever heard a phone busy signal.
It took me almost an hour to get through. I just received my confirmation email, and it's showing a Non-Refundable Reservation/Modification Fee(s) of 95 U.S. Dollars. I thought that fee was waived for the member cruise? I can't see what was charged on the credit card until it posts, as it was a foreign transaction, and I'm just seeing the full amount with exchange at the moment.

Have many people had calls back yet? We got through and booked just after 10am yesterday, but haven’t heard anything yet.

Wishing your husband well Lorana, hope his treatment goes well.
I was coming here to ask the same thing! We have not gotten our call back yet, and we got through at around 11ish yesterday. I was feeling like we were the only ones who did not get called back yet!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter