Dvc cruise 2024

Just wanted to say that last year for this September DVC MC, I had missed the initial call back, and it was even past when they said call backs would be. I decided to call, and everything worked out.

Congratulations to all who were successful!
Good to hear because when I try to call them and go through all the steps to get to the cruise CMs, the system tells me they're all busy and to call back later

I managed to get through by calling as soon as member services opened and have paid now. They didn’t seem to think they’d had problems getting through to me though. No email confirmation yet either so hopefully it’s all gone through ok! Hope everyone else gets a call soon.

For those where this is a first MC or DVC exclusive, it can take up to a month or more to get email confirmations from DCL and to see it in your DCL list of reservations. But it will get there eventually! I think for my last MC, I saw the reservation in DCL a few days before I got the email. I don’t know the process for DVC to transfer the bookings to the DCL system, but it seems to trickle over as we were sharing seeing things at different timings.

During my lunch break, I was able to get through to pay. Also asked about availability of other categories. Was told that 4B, 4A, and one concierge 1BR are all that is available now.

It took me almost an hour to get through. I just received my confirmation email, and it's showing a Non-Refundable Reservation/Modification Fee(s) of 95 U.S. Dollars. I thought that fee was waived for the member cruise? I can't see what was charged on the credit card until it posts, as it was a foreign transaction, and I'm just seeing the full amount with exchange at the moment.
Yeah I asked about that when I called back to book a 2nd stateroom. The fee is waived and we were not charged the $95 though it showed in the email.

I am so disappointed. I had thought that I got my first choice connecting cabins on the Mediterranean cruise, but realized on my callback just now that the agent made a mistake and gave us cabins on opposite sides of the ship. Despite my best explanation that the other family would be minimally impacted by swapping rooms so that ours could connect, DVC absolutely refuses.

So, by any chance, does someone here have confirmed room 6512 on the 2024 member cruise? I can trade you the exact same cabin on the other side.

I am so disappointed. I had thought that I got my first choice connecting cabins on the Mediterranean cruise, but realized on my callback just now that the agent made a mistake and gave us cabins on opposite sides of the ship. Despite my best explanation that the other family would be minimally impacted by swapping rooms so that ours could connect, DVC absolutely refuses.

So, by any chance, does someone here have confirmed room 6512 on the 2024 member cruise? I can trade you the exact same cabin on the other side.
Sorry not our room but really hope you get it swapped, what a disappointment! Maybe trying phoning again and speaking to someone else?

Med

I was told it could take 2 weeks to a month :oops:
Just got off the phone. Was told by the first person I talked with that concierge 1br is available. Tried to switch my booking. She said I had to wait 2 to 4 weeks for DCL confirmation before any changes can be made ! 2 to 4 weeks is absurd.
Then talked with a supervisor who told me that no concierge cabins are available. Just 5 minutes before I was told there were.
And then he repeated that nothing can b done until DCL confronts the reservation in 2 to 4 weeks.
Disney needs to get a real IT department.

Just got off the phone. Was told by the first person I talked with that concierge 1br is available. Tried to switch my booking. She said I had to wait 2 to 4 weeks for DCL confirmation before any changes can be made ! 2 to 4 weeks is absurd.
Then talked with a supervisor who told me that no concierge cabins are available. Just 5 minutes before I was told there were.
And then he repeated that nothing can b done until DCL confronts the reservation in 2 to 4 weeks.
You can make separate booking instead of making changes. We had ended up with two booking because of that. Then have then cancel the original.

Based on the phone conversation I just had with them you are out of luck. Their systems won’t allow it. Supervisor said it was POLICY.

They can't make changes but you can totally make a new booking if that concierge room really is available.

You must have spoken to the same person I just did, in the call before me.

When I called up earlier today to pay I asked about the potential of upgrading to a 4B or 4A. She told me all the available rooms and I asked her what I needed to do to upgrade after checking with my husband, she checked and told me although they can’t make changes they CAN do upgrades in this period before the paper work comes out. If the only change is the upgraded room type. She told me to call back and say ‘I’ve paid for my room already but would like to upgrade, please can you contact Technical Services to do this now.

I just called back and said this and was told by this other cast member a flat out no they can’t, I have to wait for the paperwork and said the last call they had was asking the same thing so they’d just double checked this. You must have been that call!

I might try again tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter