Dvc cruise 2024

I decided to call when I got home. My initial wait time was 59 minutes. I’ve been on hold 1h 20m and just got a message my new hold time is another 85min.

Anyone else still waiting for a call back? Wondering if I should just call?
Me!

I was on hold trying to pay for an "estimated wait time of 64 minutes." At 74 minutes from that previous announcement, I was told my "estimated wait time is 69 minutes." I hung up. They'll get my money soon enough I guess...

Sorry not our room but really hope you get it swapped, what a disappointment! Maybe trying phoning again and speaking to someone else?
I was told quite clearly that I was speaking to a supervisor and that they had consulted with "Leadership" (I was on hold for about 15 minutes) and told no. It was frustrating because he kept saying that cabins are not considered confirmed until we get the confirmation from DCL (so I can't complain that mine was confirmed by the original agent) but they can't swap the cabins because the other family is "confirmed" and they would be disappointed if it changed!!! But the other party are not trying to connect with another stateroom (because that would be US) and I am. I was so frustrated because they're being so unreasonable for something that is really important to us, and I thought I had it.

No need to wait on hold again to try to pay. They are not going to cancel anybody before trying to call you. They did this once before and it took over a week for some people to get the call, even though they say it will be three days.

You must have spoken to the same person I just did, in the call before me.

When I called up earlier today to pay I asked about the potential of upgrading to a 4B or 4A. She told me all the available rooms and I asked her what I needed to do to upgrade after checking with my husband, she checked and told me although they can’t make changes they CAN do upgrades in this period before the paper work comes out. If the only change is the upgraded room type. She told me to call back and say ‘I’ve paid for my room already but would like to upgrade, please can you contact Technical Services to do this now.

I just called back and said this and was told by this other cast member a flat out no they can’t, I have to wait for the paperwork and said the last call they had was asking the same thing so they’d just double checked this. You must have been that call!

I might try again tomorrow!
good luck

They called me back on but I was out. I've been trying to call back, but I cannot sit on hold for hours during the day due to the nature of my work. Is there any time to call that will result in less than an hour wait? How long do I have to pay before they give away my cabin? This is so frustrating. So much easier to book a not-DVC cruise.

They called me back on but I was out. I've been trying to call back, but I cannot sit on hold for hours during the day due to the nature of my work. Is there any time to call that will result in less than an hour wait? How long do I have to pay before they give away my cabin? This is so frustrating. So much easier to book a not-DVC cruise.
It’s hard to say, as it seems a lot of people are trying to call in plus they are handling regular DBC calls. I’d suggest you send in an email via the Contact Us, documenting their calls & your return calls, and that you are trying to connect but cannot wait for an extended time on hold due to work. Give them a couple of timeframes when you’d be available (including time zone) and ask them to please try again. That way there’s a record of your attempts to pay.

Between the two cruises, it sounds like they are extremely busy trying to connect with people. Having booked MCs the old way, when they took payment at booking time, for me this is a better process with the call backs because the initial booking calls are shorter, and even with the multiple calls to get through, it was still less time overall, at least for my experience.

Crazy that people book at these prices honestly.

Very diehard Disney people out there though.
Do you mean Disney cruises in general or the DVC cruises?

If the latter, the member cruise isn't bad. I had booked the exact same cruise for a week after the DVC one before the member cruise was announced. Have now switched. In the same category, I was paying $560 less on the normal cruise, or $280 per person as we are two adults. The normal DCL didn't include tips unlike the member cruise, so that really bridges the gap to about $179 extra per person. I think that's definitely worth the special entertainment...

Now, if you're comparing to other cruise lines, yes Disney is more expensive than the average, sometimes significantly.

***UPDATE***
I decided to call when I got home. My initial wait time was 59 minutes. I’ve been on hold 1h 20m and just got a message my new hold time is another 85min.

So after yesterday's very long hold times, I did hang up after getting the second hold time message, I decided to call this morning from work as they opened. Took about 35minutes and I am all set.

Jennifer

Anyone else still waiting for a call back? Wondering if I should just call?
I am still waiting as well! I was jumping on here to check the same thing. I cannot sit forever on hold, but I don't want to lose my cruise, either.

@Lorana best wishes to your husband and your family as you deal with illness.
@Lorana best wishes to your DH. Mine was treated for cancer just prior to a WDW visit that was scheduled long before the diagnosis, and the staff worked extra hard to make sure he finished his treatments in time to go. Prayers that all will go well for your DH and you.
Thank you! It's been a challenging week, but I am holding out hope we'll have a good reason to celebrate next year.

I am still waiting as well! I was jumping on here to check the same thing. I cannot sit forever on hold, but I don't want to lose my cruise, either.
I don't think you'll lose your cruise. They said it would take them a while to get to everyone.

When I called to pay the agent said that each reservation will have to be manually inputted by DCL staff, as last year they crashed their system and they reverted back to this system without taking payment. So I think there’s a good chance it will take a while to get through all of the bookings.

I was able to get though almost immediately yesterday around noon Eastern. It was shocked.

The cast member told me that the Lighthouse Point cruise did not include gratuities because it was a charter not a Member cruise. I think I read on here that someone else was told the opposite.

I was able to get though almost immediately yesterday around noon Eastern. It was shocked.

The cast member told me that the Lighthouse Point cruise did not include gratuities because it was a charter not a Member cruise. I think I read on here that someone else was told the opposite.
Oh wow, that's surprising!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter