DVC/cruise ? Does anyone know what the price is for kids if you use points for adults

BWVDenise

I believe in something, I just don't know what it
I'm sure I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but I am getting a brain cramp with all this planning!:D (Can't think of a better way to get a brain cramp!)
What does DVC charge for the kiddies if you only want to pay points for the adults? (cash for the kids).

Denise

we are cruising in nov. 01 we are paying $259 for our ds age 6

Denise when I priced out a cat. 4, for a 3 day cruise, the adult cost was $1229 and the kids was $409. Point-wise though, it makes more sense to pay for one adult and use points for the kids--at 50 points each (3 kids) it's the same money as one adult, but I use 15 fewer points (165 per adult).
Member services put up with me asking questions about point/cash costs for adults and children for both the 3 day and the 7 day western. The key is that you only have to pay points for one adult--and then you can pay any combination. I can use points for one adult and 2 kids, then pay cash for one adult and one kid, or whatever else--as long as ONE adult is on points.
It doesn't matter now, DH does not want to cruise next year :( , but I'm still shooting for the western carribbean in 2004, if those points don't go any sky-higher than they already are!
Robin M.

It varies with the seasons as normal DVC points do.

We were contemplating this same thing last year! Our DVC rep told us most people pay cash for children (about $700). My son would cost us 78 points (around $300)!

So, we used our points and bought an add-on! I figured that for $700 I had a down payment for 100 points, rather than a one-time vacation.

Hope this helps......L

I kind of figured you would have all that handy! I'm thinking of the 4 day in 2003 and trying to figure out the best use of points and all that.
I took the plunge today and added on at HH!!!!!!!!:D I'm still in that "numb" disbelief state:cool:

Denise

We paid $429 for Matthew (age 6) for our Sept 22 cruise This is a 7 day cruise. If you are doing a shorter cruise it will be much less

I also paid around $430 for my DD on our 7 day cruise last November. The price for children or adults will be a preset figure determined in the contract between DVC and DCL. Sometimes there may be much lower prices if you are booking a cruise totally on cash. That is why I saved my points this year, and instead paid cash on the Fall Fantasy promotion for my upcoming cruise. Good luck! :)

The cat. 4 prices for adults/children for a western cruise, 7 day, next July were quoted to me as $2300/$700 approx.
Robin M.

We were told the kids would be $429 for seven day November cruise Category 5 and points would be 53 on the Fall Fantasy DVC special. Frankly, I think my points are worth at least $10 bucks apiece to rent or use in reservations so the cash for the kids option makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter