DVC Deed Transfer question

mrs_coco

Earning My Ears
Is anyone familiar with the process to turn over a DVC contract to a family member. No exchange of money just a father transferring the deed and dues responsibility to his kids.

Long story short my father has multiple contracts all around the same points values and wants to have the kids take over the dues. The proposal was for everyone to split the cost of the dues and share the points as one big pool. My concerns from past experience is family + money + something of value =DISASTER!

My suggestion was since all of the contracts are for pretty much the same value for the contracts to be transferred into the kids names.

3 contracts – 3 kids each responsible for the individual dues and booking. That way three siblings with very different financial and personal situations are not tied together financially.

How would this process get started? Cost? Open to suggestions.

Ok so I looked over the info on the link above and although it seems pretty clear-this is going to be a massive challenge for my people. is this process something Disney can assist with for a fee?

Ok so I looked over the info on the link above and although it seems pretty clear-this is going to be a massive challenge for my people. is this process something Disney can assist with for a fee?
I'm in the middle of a gratuitous transfer from my sister to me - we're using a title company called LT Transfers. They've been helpful for many other DIS members, and they're not very expensive (compared to the companies DVC will refer you to, anyway). Give them a call, and they can do the legwork for you. With their help, it's not as hard as you'd think, thank goodness.

I could never figure out the process of doing it on my own, and I’m another that LT Transfers helped. We took my then-husband off and put me on very easily. And I very quickly got my brand new blue membership card (I’d been the associate before so didn’t have a card). Easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter