• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC discount on golf bookings

ClaireW

Mouseketeer
Can I book and pay for my Dad to golf, using my DVC discount, even if I'm not going to go with him?
Wondering if he would need to be a member himself, or whether he may just need to take along my DVC card, or whether I can have it booked and paid for and he just turns up?

according to the DVC website:
Members may also bring up to 3 non-members for any tee time, with non-members receiving the same Member discount. Members MUST show their DVC Member Card to receive offer.

our experience has been that they are checking not only for DVC card (or AP), but require a photo ID that matches when receiving any discount (years ago, requesting a photo ID was unusual, tho we always brought ours).

while it is possible that a CM might not ask, the website is specific in the requirements and he might very well have to pay the full rate once there.

As I have golfed a number of times at each of the Disney courses, be aware that they will ask for both DVC member card and ID when you show up at a pro shop and the rule that a member must be in the group is enforced. Moreover, you do not pay until you show up. Option to consider if he might play twice is to look into the Disney discount for two rounds that anyone staying at a Disney resort can get. That discount per round is sometimes close to the one you would get as a DVC member.

Thanks for your help. I have to admit I had missed the small print about having to be with a DVC member when playing in order to receive a discount.
The tip about playing two rounds is very useful - will have to look more into that :)

Before we were DVC a members hubby always used to get the two round deal...doesn't have to be the same day or back then even the same month. Once it was two months in between :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter