DVC Discount

vacay77

DIS Veteran
Has anyone else tried to use their 25% discount on shopDisney? The code expires in a few days and I’m trying to buy merch online and it keeps saying I’m not a DVC member. It won’t even let me buy DVC merch on the website. I called shopDisney but they said they could not help me. They aren’t able to place the order for me over the phone because they said they cannot verify I’m a DVC member. I know that my DVC account is linked to my WDW account - I double checked and all my info is there. And I’ve never had problems in the past using my DVC discount online so I’m really frustrated. More so that ShopDisney is not willing to help at all. Anyone else experience similar problems?

So sorry it’s not working for you. I used it last night and it worked. I hope they figure it out So you can place your order.

It’s so odd. I was able to enter it a few days ago. I kept my stuff saved so I could order it by the 24th. But now it’s gone, ugh

Are you signed in before trying the code? I made that mistake!!

Once I logged in, then it worked. It also didn’t work on some items.

Do you have another device you can use? I just tried placing an order on my laptop and it wouldn't take my cc info...I tried on my ipad and it worked

Are you signed in before trying the code? I made that mistake!!

Once I logged in, then it worked. It also didn’t work on some items.

I did log in and it still won't let me. My WDW account says that my DVC membership is linked but it lists an ID that I don't recognize. When I try to manually link my DVC membership, it takes me to a Stitch error. It shouldn't be this difficult, lol.

Can someone remind me of the code please. I tried to use it a few days ago and it didn't work so I was thinking I had it wrong.

I did log in and it still won't let me. My WDW account says that my DVC membership is linked but it lists an ID that I don't recognize. When I try to manually link my DVC membership, it takes me to a Stitch error. It shouldn't be this difficult, lol.
The Membership # that shows for me on my WDW account is the one that is actually on my final purchase contract. It does not match anything on the DVC site.

The Membership # that shows for me on my WDW account is the one that is actually on my final purchase contract. It does not match anything on the DVC site.

I confirmed with DVC that it's the correct info in my WDW account. No idea what's going on, lol. DVC says that I can order the merchandise over the phone but shopDisney says no, that they will not allow that because they can't verify that I'm a DVC member. This is so crazy! I can't even order DVC merchandise without the code because it says I'm not a DVC member and in order to purchase it, I need to be a DVC member. I guess Disney will be losing out on the money that I was going to pay to purchase the merchandise. Guess I'll be doing Christmas shopping elsewhere.

I'm having a similar problem. Shopdisney won't let me purchase the limited edition DVC magic band. I get the error:

Purchase of Disney Vacation Club MagicBand 2 – Limited Release is limited to Disney Vacation Club members. Please be sure you are logged in with your Disney Vacation Club account.

I am definitely logged in with my DVC account. Oh, and both of the associate members on my account DO get the discount...Arrrrg!

Last edited:
I'm having a similar problem. Shopdisney won't let me purchase the limited edition DVC magic band. I get the error:

I am definitely logged in with my DVC account. Oh, and both of the associate members on my account DO get the discount...Arrrrg!

This sounds like it’s becoming more common with DVC members. I still receive the message that I need to be logged into my DVC account even though I am. It’s very frustrating!

Try logging out of your DVC account and then into your MDE account. I've read reports (somewhere) that some were successful that way.

Try logging out of your DVC account and then into your MDE account. I've read reports (somewhere) that some were successful that way.
Nope, no joy whatsoever. Not on the website or in the app. Both of my associate members can get the access no problem, but not me. Even called ShopDisney and they couldn't sell me one over the phone. Finally gave up and just logged in as my son and bought the stupid thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter