DVC Discounts at Aulani?

J-Dog

A Nobody
I apologize, because I'm pretty sure that I have read the answer to this question - I think someone answered it in their trip report, but of course, now I can't find it.

Question: How are DVC discounts applied for things that need to be reserved in advance, such as the spa and/or cabanas/casabellas? I believe that the Aulani website states that you have to show your DVC Y status to get the discount, but that obviously can't be done during reservation, since those are done over the phone. Can they look up your DVC status, or do you have to get a credit after-the-fact?

Thanks for any help.

Great question—I didn’t realize there were discounts so I didn’t mention it at booking, hopefully I can apply it at the time of payment at the resort. I think the only thing I actually had to pay for in advance was the Luau and the surfing lessons and everything is just a credit card to reserve? 🤔

You don’t pay in advance for things you reserve, except the luau or excisions and there are no discounts for those that I am aware of. Pay at time of reservation and mention dvc just in case they didn’t give it to you.

You don’t pay in advance for things you reserve, except the luau or excisions and there are no discounts for those that I am aware of. Pay at time of reservation and mention dvc just in case they didn’t give it to you.
Thank you! Now I’m wondering if there’s a dining discount at the restaurants. 🤔

Thank you!! I learned of some cool offerings I now know to ask about on arrival.

Gonna make my direct points premium back $3 dollars of popcorn at a time. 🤣
Refillable popcorn for DVC and a refillable drink mug are nice combo for Aulani.

Also check out the daily ‘Iwa for things like the welcome hula lessons, member celebration, etc.

They also have a poke and sake class & a macaron and champagne class with two of the chefs there as an add on ($) package exclusively for DVC-Y members. We enjoyed both.

Not a DVC thing, but we also enjoyed the star gazing and our younger son enjoyed Auntys.

Finally, Rainbow Reef… go later in the day when the water has had a chance to warm up and ask the lifeguard to spray your goggles with some anti fog solution. I absolutely love it! A must do for me at least once or twice every trip.

So this is probably another stupid question, but on that DVC perk page, about halfway-down, it lists "Pool Wristbands For Members". and basically says to go get your wristband in the morning. Is this a DVC perk that's different from everybody else's wristband? Otherwise, how is this a perk, since every guest gets a pool wristband, right?
You get sparkly one that I find to be softer on the edges.

:rotfl2:What would we do without those perks?
Tell everyone that we don’t actually care about them… and how ridiculous it is that we don’t get them too! …. not that a history of my DISBoards posts would ever show that is EXCATLY what I did before I became #TeamHybrid…

:rotfl2:What would we do without those perks?
My inner Tamatoa is VERY excited about that sparkly band and I know my 8 year old daughter is going to be even more jazzed about it. Not so sure about hubby and son though. 🤣

@AstroBlasters — the poke and sake and macarons and champagne BOTH sound amazing, thanks for the heads-up!! I assume not bookable in advance?

We have our aunty’s reservations and stargazing (the activity I am most looking forward to!), and we were planning to do Rainbow reef a couple times as well. I’d always heard it was best to snorkel early when the water is calm —but maybe we’ll try it your way!

My inner Tamatoa is VERY excited about that sparkly band and I know my 8 year old daughter is going to be even more jazzed about it. Not so sure about hubby and son though. 🤣

@AstroBlasters — the poke and sake and macarons and champagne BOTH sound amazing, thanks for the heads-up!! I assume not bookable in advance?

We have our aunty’s reservations and stargazing (the activity I am most looking forward to!), and we were planning to do Rainbow reef a couple times as well. I’d always heard it was best to snorkel early when the water is calm —but maybe we’ll try it your way!
Actually, it is advisable to book in advance. I’d call Aulani to find out the dates and availability during your trip if you are interested.

Oof, thanks for the heads-up. We are running low on time, but if I call tomorrow at least we should be ahead of all the other DVC members who didn't know they could book before arrival. Do you think there is advance booking for anything other than poke and macaroon events?

(We have already booked stargazing and childcare at ABH and spa, and the mermaid quest).

Oof, thanks for the heads-up. We are running low on time, but if I call tomorrow at least we should be ahead of all the other DVC members who didn't know they could book before arrival. Do you think there is advance booking for anything other than poke and macaroon events?

(We have already booked stargazing and childcare at ABH and spa, and the mermaid quest).
It really depends on what kind of vacation you want and other things you have planned.

When we went Mimosas were on Thursdays and Poke was on Fridays from 2pm to 4pm.

If you are planning on going back to Aulani then you might consider breaking them up over multiple trips to have something to look forward to.

It really depends on what kind of vacation you want and other things you have planned.

When we went Mimosas were on Thursdays and Poke was on Fridays from 2pm to 4pm.

If you are planning on going back to Aulani then you might consider breaking them up over multiple trips to have something to look forward to.
We own there, so hopefully this will be the first of many trips.

Silly questionabout the sparkly pool bands…will everyone in my room get the sparkly bands or just me as the DVC member?

It looks like you have some fun things planned. I look forward to your trip report!
So I completely ran out of time to call about member events today, but this thread did remind me to check the activities in the app tonight and I learned about a special kids’ opportunity to make Christmas ornaments, which I was able to book. Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter