DVC Exercising ROFR

I’m actually kicking myself for that now, but we went with SSR for the direct purchase because it was less expense overall, including annual dues. In actuality, it was only a couple thousand less, though. We aren’t financing, so that amount does make a difference, but we could have managed it. We figured we would buy AK resale now and either BW or BC sometime in the future. Most of our stays will probably be Booked in the 7 month window anyway.
Yes just call them and change it.

Yes just call them and change it.
I would think it would be too late. I just realized I never received an email confirming the purchase and my husband just told me they haven’t charged the card yet. The agent led me to believe it was already a done deal. Is that normal?

I would think it would be too late. I just realized I never received an email confirming the purchase and my husband just told me they haven’t charged the card yet. The agent led me to believe it was already a done deal. Is that normal?

Never mind. I just received the email.

I believe you actually have ten days to rescind after you signed.
Spontaneous purchases are usually the ones you regret the most.
Sit back and think things through again from scratch
They hadn’t even sent the documents to sign until just after my last post, so I asked about changing. My husband (and probably the agent) might want to kill me right now, but I am feeling much better about our purchase. Not only did I switch to AK, which is the home Resort I really wanted, but I changed the use year from August to September l, so now I will get 2019 points now (without paying the dues) and 2020’s points next month. 😁

Not only did I switch to AK, which is the home Resort I really wanted, but I changed the use year from August to September l, so now I will get 2019 points now (without paying the dues) and 2020’s points next month. 😁
Sounds like a success! We bought 75 direct AKV points just before the last increase, supplemented with 50 resale AKV points and 50 resale Polynesian points that we're waiting to close on.

Sounds like a success! We bought 75 direct AKV points just before the last increase, supplemented with 50 resale AKV points and 50 resale Polynesian points that we're waiting to close on.

That sounds perfect. We are going to keep an eye out for the right resale contract for our use year and preferred resorts.

They hadn’t even sent the documents to sign until just after my last post, so I asked about changing. My husband (and probably the agent) might want to kill me right now, but I am feeling much better about our purchase. Not only did I switch to AK, which is the home Resort I really wanted, but I changed the use year from August to September l, so now I will get 2019 points now (without paying the dues) and 2020’s points next month. 😁
I’m sure the agent is happy to get the extra $2000.

Is anyone keeping a running total on the resorts and points that have ROFR’d?

I'm a great fan of SSR (which I own) to be used as sleep around points, but when you wrote "AKV is really where we want to stay" I was going to write suggesting to consider swapping. While booking AKV is not difficult with SSR points, owning there you get a shot at Value and Club level rooms. And booking Jambo standard can be difficult: it's my favorite room on property, it's still a great bargain point wise, it has a good chance of getting a limited savannah view and it's in the main building with the amazing lobby and restaurants.
You're not going to regret the extra $2000. Welcome home!

I'm a great fan of SSR (which I own) to be used as sleep around points, but when you wrote "AKV is really where we want to stay" I was going to write suggesting to consider swapping. While booking AKV is not difficult with SSR points, owning there you get a shot at Value and Club level rooms. And booking Jambo standard can be difficult: it's my favorite room on property, it's still a great bargain point wise, it has a good chance of getting a limited savannah view and it's in the main building with the amazing lobby and restaurants.
You're not going to regret the extra $2000. Welcome home!

Thank you!

yes, I just like charts and further analysis to see any trends, I might do myself one at some point

The other piece is one has to go outside of the DIS to get a true picture. We really only have info for what is posted here and I doubt it is everything.

So, to get an accurate picture you’d have to search the OCC site. Even brokers only report their own situation so it’s not all.

I'd say this right here is a good way to help DVD determine where the demand is:

View attachment 520516

Oh DVC management knows exactly what is happening. I was more so talking about the data that we on the outside know.

One of my assumptions was regarding Disney buying back to load up for the 100 to 125 increase to be ready for last minute purchases.

My broker (non dis affiliated) says they have Had 5 contracts taken recently but none at BWV which I’m pleased about

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter