DVC Gold AP

Good question. I believe that you can, since it needs to be done at Guest Services. Not sure why DS Guest Services would be different from MK Guest Services.

Be sure to bring your blue ID card and photo ID for everyone. You can also activate at any ticket booth.

FYI - hopes this helps others
I've been trying to renew my Gold AP that was cancelled last year due the the virus.
I found out that if I call VIP Passholders I can get them to renew and was confirmed eligible. I got a call back today (missed it) and called back the number they gave (407-939-7277) and was supposed to ask for Customer Help Desk but there was no option for that. Waited 45 minutes before they answered and when I told them, they said this was the main line and had to put me on hold for the AP Customer Help Desk. Another hour on hold. (they also gave me the direct number for that - 407-560-7277)

When they answered they knew who I was and told me I could purchase new passes for my DW and I for $2000. WHAT??

Then they told me those were platinum, the only ones they were selling to out of state visitors. I mentioned I only paid about $700 in late 2019 and then they asked if I was DVC. I said yes. At that point they asked for my member number and said they would leave a message for the DVC help desk and they would call back. If I missed the call I would have to go through the process again and they would call back. I could not directly call them.

One hour later they called, set me up and linked the passes to My Disney Experience, applied the cost of the 6 day single park tickets I bought ($1035) and only paid about another $490 for the two passes. Since I was reimbursed about $1000 for the cancellation of my last APs, its a win-win all around.

As exhausting as a day in the parks.

So you ended up with the normal DVC renewal price w/tax of $762.50 each. Good to know, thanks for posting.

We activated/bought new APs at Disney Springs at the end of May.

We had renewal vouchers that we didn’t activate last summer due to a canceled trip. A couple of weeks before we left DVC told me there would be no cost in activating them but when I talked to someone last June when we canceled I was told we would lose the renewal rate and just have the money we paid for the renewal to put toward a new AP later.

I was pretty sure we would have to pay the difference between a new gold pass and the renewal voucher we had and that’s what happened.

We have activated ours at many different Guest Services. DS is one that has worked for us in the past.
Nice to see the price as we are coming up to needing to renew our Gold Pass.

Can you activate an AP at Disney Springs?
Yes, at the Official Disney Ticket Center diagonally across from GR, if you’re just activating (not sure if you’re upgrading a regular ticket, getting a recovery AP or any thing else complicated). We renewed and simultaneously activated ours in March there - on a Monday around noon, took about 15 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter