DVC Gold pass renewal -- to Sorcerer Pass help

WhitneyMB

Mouseketeer
Hoping to find others who have already been through this. Our Gold annual passes just expired Feb 11 but we had purchased renewals last June in case they stopped selling them. (These are listed for our family as "DVC Member Gold Pass Renewal Exchange Expires 12/31/2099"). I've read all the posts I could find and realize these should convert to the Sorcerer Pass when we activate them.

The problem is that we ended up having to cancel two trips (family health, winter storm) and are now planning an Easter trip. I found random days and was able to book the hotel, but I can't book the Theme Park Reservations due to the old restrictions on the Gold pass, and fully expect them to sell out. Any ideas? If I call Members Services is this something they can convert ahead of time? Anyone done this? Thank you! :flower:

That's an interesting combination. I would definitely call/chat with MS to see where they might point you. We had our Gold pass renewal updated/changed to Sorcerer when we were at the parks in December. But you can't wait until you arrive to make this happen. There has to be something they can do for you in advance. An aside - when they do change it to Sorcerer, make sure you get your photo pass included - since it came with Gold, you get it included the first year of Sorcerer.

Out of curiosity, how were you able to renew a Feb expiration all the way back in June? Normally, you can only to that 60 days in advance. Perhaps a special window back then to do something earlier? Good luck getting this worked out. If at all possible, try the chat feature on the site. If you can get into that queue, it seems to work better for us than a call.

Out of curiosity, how were you able to renew a Feb expiration all the way back in June? Normally, you can only to that 60 days in advance. Perhaps a special window back then to do something earlier? Good luck getting this worked out. If at all possible, try the chat feature on the site. If you can get into that queue, it seems to work better for us than a call.

They allowed *some* to renew early.

I was not lucky enough to be one of the *some*. My renewal window opened 3 days after the "new" (pixie, pirate, sorcerer, incredi) passes went on sale. I called about two weeks ahead of that when I found out they were allowing some to renew early. I got a hard "NO" in 3 or 4 different calls to both the AP line and MS.

I was not lucky enough to be one of the *some*. My renewal window opened 3 days after the "new" (pixie, pirate, sorcerer, incredi) passes went on sale. I called about two weeks ahead of that when I found out they were allowing some to renew early. I got a hard "NO" in 3 or 4 different calls to both the AP line and MS.

I haven't heard of this and now that I did, I'm sad I missed out even a small chance to renew way back when.

Last edited:
Hoping to find others who have already been through this. Our Gold annual passes just expired Feb 11 but we had purchased renewals last June in case they stopped selling them. (These are listed for our family as "DVC Member Gold Pass Renewal Exchange Expires 12/31/2099"). I've read all the posts I could find and realize these should convert to the Sorcerer Pass when we activate them.

The problem is that we ended up having to cancel two trips (family health, winter storm) and are now planning an Easter trip. I found random days and was able to book the hotel, but I can't book the Theme Park Reservations due to the old restrictions on the Gold pass, and fully expect them to sell out. Any ideas? If I call Members Services is this something they can convert ahead of time? Anyone done this? Thank you! :flower:
I too would call or chat with MS. If the first CM you communicate with sounds confused or doesn't immediately know how to make those Gold AP blockout dates go away, I'd ask for a supervisor, because this is a very unusual situation. You should be able to book those park passes.

Definitely call because this is a unique situation in that basically, you want the voucher to be Sorcerer and no longer Gold because of block outs…keep us posted.

I was able to renew early (last year) because I had a resort reservation booked and needed to book park reservations. I don't think they would have entertained renewing early had I not had the resort reservation.

I was able to renew early (last year) because I had a resort reservation booked and needed to book park reservations. I don't think they would have entertained renewing early had I not had the resort reservation.

Me too but was denied, even though my reservation was for Easter week.

So, once they stopped allowing, I think it was enforced…but trip ended up canceled so it ended up being no big deal.

Me too but was denied, even though my reservation was for Easter week.

So, once they stopped allowing, I think it was enforced…but trip ended up canceled so it ended up being no big deal.

Yep..I had 3 resort reservations booked at the time that I needed to book park reservations for...still a hard "NO" every time.

Thanks everyone, for the advice!

Out of curiosity, how were you able to renew a Feb expiration all the way back in June? Normally, you can only to that 60 days in advance. Perhaps a special window back then to do something earlier?

Yes, our existing annual passes expired Feb. 11 2022, and we had a vacation already booked for President's Day weekend, which was right afterwards. I knew we would want to book Theme Park Reservations very early as that weekend is crazy. I explained this to the cast member when asking to renew early. I think I did it within a week of them resuming selling APs, because of the worry that they would stop selling them. I didn't realize that so many other people got denied. (I'm so sorry to hear this!)

I'm hopping on this post, because my question seems somewhat related. I need to renew my pass. I have a platinum now but joined DVC (direct) since I bought it so now I can get the sorcerer pass. Can DVC Member Services help me renew or do I have to call the regular passholder/MS line? The wait is over an hour, and I say no thank you to that.

I'm hopping on this post, because my question seems somewhat related. I need to renew my pass. I have a platinum now but joined DVC (direct) since I bought it so now I can get the sorcerer pass. Can DVC Member Services help me renew or do I have to call the regular passholder/MS line? The wait is over an hour, and I say no thank you to that.
DVC should be able to process the renewal for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter