DVC Gold Price increase

Well this is a bummer, but I suppose it could be worse. Was contemplating upgrading some UT park-hopper tickets during our trip in a couple weeks.

Curses! I knew a price increase had to be on the way, but they usually have waited until about a week later to implement them.
I suppose it's a good sign about the health of the parks, though.

Soo glad we upgraded out Christmas Undercover Tourist tickets to the Gold Pass , it was only around $30.00 more per ticket to do that !. Now going back for spring back and also have a September short trip booked for Food and Wine!
Yes, a big perk to buying direct for us , anyway

Soo glad we upgraded out Christmas Undercover Tourist tickets to the Gold Pass , it was only around $30.00 more per ticket to do that !. Now going back for spring back and also have a September short trip booked for Food and Wine!
Yes, a big perk to buying direct for us , anyway
Question... We usually have a Gold AP (DVC) but are planning trip during Christmas that would be blacked out...I was either going to purchase 3-4 day park hopper through UT or upgrading to Platinum AP. We have another trip planned the following May. Is it possible to do the park hopper ticket for December and then upgrade that ticket to Gold AP while we are there in December for the May trip or will it create issues while we are there in December? Trying to minimize the cost increase or upgrading to Platinum if we do not have to.

Question... We usually have a Gold AP (DVC) but are planning trip during Christmas that would be blacked out...I was either going to purchase 3-4 day park hopper through UT or upgrading to Platinum AP. We have another trip planned the following May. Is it possible to do the park hopper ticket for December and then upgrade that ticket to Gold AP while we are there in December for the May trip or will it create issues while we are there in December? Trying to minimize the cost increase or upgrading to Platinum if we do not have to.

There is a current "loophole" where you can upgrade on your last day as you are leaving the park (don't do it before then! You wouldn't be allowed back in). No guarantees on if that will still exist next December, though.

I just looked on the Disney website and the discounted DVC Platinum AP tickets are still $899. It doesnt look like they changed the pricing on these AP. Wonder if I upgrade to Platinum from my Gold when I active them in June if I'll be credited $699 or the new $719?

I just looked on the Disney website and the discounted DVC Platinum AP tickets are still $899. It doesnt look like they changed the pricing on these AP. Wonder if I upgrade to Platinum from my Gold when I active them in June if I'll be credited $699 or the new $719?
you should be credited what you paid for them.

So, given the larger increase for the non DVC pass, for a family of 4...using close to $500 difference...it’s a savings of close to $2k a year if one can take advantage of this perk.

Given that, it does certainly help to reduce the time it takes to make up the extra cost of direct at 100 points,

For someone on the fence, this certainly could help.

It worked for us this past Christmas! I was a little nervous about it since it was our fist time doing it, but the cast members inside AK were really nice about it, we had to do my DH's one day and the rest another day, and they were both very nice about it and knew what they were doing. I only paid about $ 30.00 per ticket to upgrade to Gold AP. We were there the week of Christmas and upgraded them I believe the 28th. Like Ben E N said, if it's your last day that you can use them and you want to go to a park, wait until you are leaving the park and go to the Guest Relations place inside the park to upgrade and then leave, if you do it right after you enter and don't enjoy the park, they will ask you to leave ,as with the Gold AP you can't stay. If you still have days left and you are not going back, you can go to any Guest Relations place and do the upgrade. Hopefully it will continue to happen. We are now using the AP to go for spring break in March and again for food and wine. Good luck !
I myself asked a lot of questions about it before we did it ,and everybody here were very helpful.

Friday was to be my 60 day renewal date. Not happy that a few days will be costing me more but it isn’t too bad.

All very nice...

Can we post Current Gold Pass - NEW, WITH TAX?
Followed by Current Gold Pass - RENEWAL , WITH TAX?

Renewal is hard - as WDW will not tell you the price prior to your 60 day renewal Window. So, we could use a little help from our fellow board members?

From the DVC website.

No tax data. No Renewal data. See previous post for data WITH TAX, DVC Renewal price.

One actually has to CALL to get the real data.

Tax is 6.5%.Just have to do the math to get accurate info. There is absolutely no need to call.

Renewal is $611...Tax is 39.72..Total is $650.72..
New $719...tax is 46.74...Total is 765.74

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter