• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Grand Villa Concierge recently?

andeesings

DIS Veteran
I seem to recall months ago that some people who were staying in Grand Villas were reached out to “test” something they were offering to people who had reserved grand villas (not cash stays either) which was basically trip planning assistance (which would be helpful for my large group). Has anyone been contacted recently? My 60 day window is approaching.

Ah, I had forgotten about this "test" run product. FWIW, I phoned the Grand Cal yesterday seeking Concierge assistance for an upcoming stay at the Grand Cal. My goal was help with a dining reservation for a special occasion and I was told there is no longer any form of dining assistance other than what is offered through the web or app. I was told to keep checking the web/app as "reservations open up daily."

I didn't take this particularly well. I'm calling, "Boo!" to this Disney adjustment and feel that some dining assistance should be offered to Grand Cal / on-property hotel guests. (Yeah, sure, I am exercising a bit of entitlement in this statement. But seriously, shouldn't the on-property guests have some form of leg-up on dining? No, OK, I'll go make that off-site reservation. Ugh.)

We had a phone call. But I like control over things.........our trip was n the end of may.

We have a big family trip planned for July in the grand villa at the Grand
Floridian and received an email telling us about the program. I also like to be in control, but was very nervous about securing dining reservations for 11 people. After speaking with the concierge we decided to try. Very happy we did. They scheduled all of the reservations we wanted without the stress. They tell you that, “they can’t guarantee any reservations, but everyone has been very happy with the results”.

We have a big family trip planned for July in the grand villa at the Grand
Floridian and received an email telling us about the program. I also like to be in control, but was very nervous about securing dining reservations for 11 people. After speaking with the concierge we decided to try. Very happy we did. They scheduled all of the reservations we wanted without the stress. They tell you that, “they can’t guarantee any reservations, but everyone has been very happy with the results”.
Did they get in touch before your 60 day window? My 60 day window is fast approaching and I haven’t heard anything so I’m nervous. Who did the email come from? What’s the program called? Or is there a way I can reach out to the concierge myself? Thanks for your help!

yes they did via email. I did not see/ ignored the first email, but called them after the second. Received the second email about two weeks out.

We stayed in the Poly bungalows last month and received the email for concierge assistance about 3 months before arrival. We took advantage of having them do the dining reservations - I was hesitant because I like having control over the reservation process but decided to let them do it.

The ADRs were perfect - I sent them an email with our requests and they got everything we asked for. On our arrival night, the specific dinner time we requested was not available so the held a reservation after the time and before the time, then let us pick. I posted about this awhile back. I’ll try to find the link to my post.

edited:
Here’s my Post
Here’s someone else’s on the same Topic

Last edited:

Who does this email come from? I want to keep an eye out; my family and I are staying in a 3BR GV at CCV in early September and the thought of making dining reservations for 9 people makes me very nervous, I’d love having this as an option….

It was something they were testing. I haven’t read about anything since the first few emails. I am not sure if it is even still something they are doing. We were in a GV in February and never got contacted. It was only one night though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter