• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Guide??

DreamingofDisney

Earning My Ears
Several of you have referred to your DVC guide. Who are they, how did you get them, and what kind of help do they provide. It sounds to me like this person is the person who did your initial paperwork, etc. I have never heard a peep out of any one at DVC. Just curious!! Thanks!

hi: when you look into buying into dvc or call for the video, they will assign a guide to help you. they will call to see if you got the video or have any questions. it is all very low-key; not at all pressuring. if and when you do decide to purchase, they will walk you through all the paperwork.

We bought a resale. Do we have a guide? Or is it still the guide assigned to us when we did our tour (even though we didn't wind up buying through him)?

wdwnut thanks for the reply. Do the guides keep up the contact with the member or is it just that the member specifically asks for them, thus taking responsibility for keeping the communication going.

When we became interested I made many phone calls and asked lots of questions, but it was on a spur of a moment trip when we actually joined DVC and my telephone contact person wasn't in that day. I just don't want to miss out on anything great! Thanks.

"Guide" is DVC-speak for salesperson. Some guides seem to maintain contact with purchasers but primarily, after a purchase, their reason for contact is to make additional sales.

wdwendyd,

We did something similar - had a guide contact us and then ended up purchasing a resale. Our guide was still our guide though, and in fact when our name got into "the system" she sent us a little welcome card even though she wasn't involved in the sale at all. Which worked out well for her, since we added on twice with her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter