DVC Gyms

slk537

<font color=red>Sigh...other than WDW, if I could
Can anyone tell me a little about the gyms? Particularly at AKL, VWL and BCV. The website says "state of the art" but what exactly does that mean?

I really am hoping for ellipticals and light weights, but I'm curious as to what all they have there.

thanks!!!

Can anyone tell me a little about the gyms? Particularly at AKL, VWL and BCV. The website says "state of the art" but what exactly does that mean?

I really am hoping for ellipticals and light weights, but I'm curious as to what all they have there.

thanks!!!

Can't say about AKL, but all the others are pretty much complete small gyms... they have ellipticals, rowing, stair-stepping, free weights, tread mills, and a TV to keep you distracted... All in all... pretty well rounded.

Not the best gyms, but certainly usuable and acceptable... IMHO...

The gym at BWV is open 24 hours. They gave my hubby a key card so he would have 24 hour access, even though we weren't staying at BWV. He didn't like the gym at OKW.

The unofficial guide to WDW rates the SSR gym as the best on WDW property. As a DVC member you can use it no matter what DVC resort you are staying at.

thanks!!!

VWL and BCV are small gyms. Variety of cardio and weights. However, they are a lot larger than OKW which is really a very small room with some equipment. Does the job obviously but just a room. VWL has a couple of elipticals. One is, well seems to me, brand new. Ie. the movement/motion is a lot smoother. I'm sure all of them had free weights. Many weight machines.

SSR is in a league of its own. Space, variety and facilities in general. They have fresh fruit downstairs in the spa/whirlpool/shower area.

Have fun.

As a true gym rat, I can tell you that SSR is TRULY state-of-the-art. Unbelievable facility! Can't say enugh about it. Problem is...makes the others all pale in comparison.

Thank you all!!!

I'm on a walking, elliptical and repetition weights routine and I really don't want to get out of the elliptical and weights habit on our next trip (walking shouldn't be a problem ;) ) I can't WAIT to check out SSR!!!

SSR gym is huge and decked with lots of really nice equipment. Its very impressive for a resort gym!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter