DVC has stopped returning borrowed points to original use year

Honestly I think it’s mistake. I see it have today’s date but maybe the upload is automated or something like that.

Nothing they put out last week when they were doing it ever had it posted it was being allowed, It was all word of mouth.

Just curious how many members, if DVC said that they would reimburse members something but it would be paid for through an increase in dues, would vote yes,
I would vote No - the number of members negatively impacted by cancellations seems to be a small percentage of overall membership. The membership as a whole should not be responsible as it would result in the entire group being negatively impacted with increased dues for something that does not affect or is not a part of the physical property upkeep and maintenance of the resorts.

Nothing they put out last week when they were doing it ever had it posted it was being allowed, It was all word of mouth.

So last week they did unborrow points then stopped this monday and are now doing it again today?

That’s what is says on the website, If you canceled this week, and was told no, I’d be on the phone right now and get it fixed...before they either say it’s a mistake or change it back.
until we have a confirmation my money is on “sorry it’s a mistake”

You mean other than the update on the members website?

Yes I truely believe it is a mistake, given the policy have already changed twice I dont believe they will change it for the 3rd time within a week.

I know the first time it wasn't in writing but still, I think its an error.

I chatted to a CM on Sunday who told me that my points would return to the borrowed year (2021) ,, i have that in a chat transcript & Disney will have this in there database,, i did not bank till last night until my flights got confirmed cancelled & now my points have been put back in this years use year which is not right.

I wonder what the exact wording for their insurance policies read. My business carries a 'business interruption or loss of use' rider, which should reimburse some expenses if heaven forbid we have to close. Does Disney's policy just reimburse their own expenses, or back to member's fees paid on points lost?

I wonder what the exact wording for their insurance policies read. My business carries a 'business interruption or loss of use' rider, which should reimburse some expenses if heaven forbid we have to close. Does Disney's policy just reimburse their own expenses, or back to member's fees paid on points lost?

I’d like to know if they carry it for DVC Because it doesn’t seem it’s required by the POS. I can’t believe they wouldn’t though.

I talked to a CM yesterday morning and told me this was not possible that my points would stay in 2019 year even though they were borrowed from 2020. I let her know I followed exactly what DVC outlined should be done in order to get the points back in the 2020 use year but instead of talking to somebody right away I sent an email since my reservation was not until 3/20. She said things have changed but she saw she could switch up some points that are used for an august 2020 trip and was able to put 25 points back into 2020 use year. She was nice about everything but I do not think I would have had points placed back into the 2020 use year without having a separate reservation this year.

Check your coverage provisions closely. Business interruption insurance typically applies to the loss of business income that results from physical damage to property, e.g., income lost due to the loss of use of a store damaged by a hurricane, a fire, etc. Doubtful Disney or other businesses actually have any insurance to cover the loss due to a pandemic which results in no physical damage to property.

Last edited:
Check your coverage provisions closely. Business interruption insurance typically applies to the loss of business income that results from physical damage to property, e.g., income lost due to the loss of use of a store damaged by a hurricane, a fire, etc. Doubtful Disney or other businesses actually have any insurance to cover the loss due to a pandemic which results in no physical damage to property.

I work in insurance and took a look at coverage forms this week and I agree. My opinion only, file a claim to review your particular situation.

Just got off the phone with a CM, we have a trip planned May 25th-31st that we used borrowed points from October 2020 use year. She informed me that they will not go back and we had until sep 30th to use them. So I just kept it as is, and gonna take a wait and see approach. Hopefully everything settles down by then.

I had trip from 3/17-3/23 booked and cancelled. 202 points were borrowed.
They agreed to move back but takes up to a month to do it.
Still waiting for them to be moved back to 2020 use year and not in 2019.
September use year so hopefully they move them still. Chat said it takes up to 30 days.

Update! All points moved to original use year.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with a CM, we have a trip planned May 25th-31st that we used borrowed points from October 2020 use year. She informed me that they will not go back and we had until sep 30th to use them. So I just kept it as is, and gonna take a wait and see approach. Hopefully everything settles down by then.

It is possible it is because you are too far out yet and nothing for resort closures has been announced.

It is possible it is because you are too far out yet and nothing for resort closures has been announced.
Yes could possibly be that. Hopefully everything calms down in the next few weeks and we can still go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter