• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Karen: Don’t Be This Person

what does being DVC have to do with this? cast member is nuts for not pressing charges.

That's what I don't understand. It is not the man's LITERAL home. He can't just assault a cast member with no repercussions. Why does management have to check with the legal department?

At minimum, IMHO should have been fined, w/a 1 YR property suspension, and docked a year's worth of points. Definitely, NOT a fan of "diplomatic immunity" status at home resorts.

That's what I don't understand. It is not the man's LITERAL home. He can't just assault a cast member with no repercussions. Why does management have to check with the legal department?

OK. I'm not defending this idiot's actions in any way, but I would like to know where you guys read between the lines that he basically threw out that they couldn't do anything because it was his home resort, because I didn't read that anywhere in the article. What I did read is that Disney decided not to trespass him because of this. For NOW. Until LEGAL has a chance to review it.

I'm sure without even reviewing it that the POS affords Disney some way to penalize incidents like this, but as far as one year this, and docking that, you can't just make stuff up. The guy owns a legal real estate interest recorded in the state of FL. You can't just start taking it away from him because you want to.

Again, I'm not defending JA behavior in any way, but along the same lines above with reference to today's society, I also know a lot of things get gravely exaggerated to be way more than they really are/were. Without being there and seeing it, it's impossible to know just how bad this was. "Shoved in the chest" with 'two hands' can mean a lot of things. By the letter of the law, was it 'assault?' Probably. Did it rise to the level of pressing criminal charges? Apparently, the cast member didn't think it did. His or her call. Not ours. I say kudos to them for recognizing the severity and deciding for themselves what level it rose to (or not).

I couldn't find anywhere if the cast member was male or female... which kind of influences the nature of the assault.

This person is an embarrassment to all DVC members. They should ban him from the resort. Let him live with the 7 month window. If he ever does something like that again he should get banned from all Disney property and either sale or rent his point. Charges should also be pressed.

From my experience Disney cast members try their hardest to make our experience good (Even though it’s sometimes beyond their control). They don’t deserve to be treated like that.

OK. I'm not defending this idiot's actions in any way, but I would like to know where you guys read between the lines that he basically threw out that they couldn't do anything because it was his home resort, because I didn't read that anywhere in the article. What I did read is that Disney decided not to trespass him because of this. For NOW. Until LEGAL has a chance to review it.

I'm sure without even reviewing it that the POS affords Disney some way to penalize incidents like this, but as far as one year this, and docking that, you can't just make stuff up. The guy owns a legal real estate interest recorded in the state of FL. You can't just start taking it away from him because you want to.

Again, I'm not defending JA behavior in any way, but along the same lines above with reference to today's society, I also know a lot of things get gravely exaggerated to be way more than they really are/were. Without being there and seeing it, it's impossible to know just how bad this was. "Shoved in the chest" with 'two hands' can mean a lot of things. By the letter of the law, was it 'assault?' Probably. Did it rise to the level of pressing criminal charges? Apparently, the cast member didn't think it did. His or her call. Not ours. I say kudos to them for recognizing the severity and deciding for themselves what level it rose to (or not).
I seem to remember another incident a few years ago where a DVC member definitely was trespassed from his own resort (and the rest of Disney World). I can’t remember the details though but it was on this board that it was discussed I think.

They can ban him from Disney property. As a DVC member you are not guaranteed a stay. They are not taking his points away. He can still rent or sell them.

Disney may refund his DVC purchase less usage, close his account and ban him from the parks. There is probably something in the member agreement about this.

It's very likely Disney made amends to the employee financially to have it dropped and gave the DVC guest an absolute warning to never do so again.

The ee was representing the company at that moment and could easily make a case that their employer failed to protect them.

My former firm had a mixed sales force and sadly some of the female sales representatives were on occasion harrassed by business owners on sales calls.

Our company had an absolute legal obligation to protect the woman and did so. The business was warned to stop or take their business elsewhere. You have to protect your people first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter