DVC Magic Kingdom Fireworks Cruise

vandy

Vacations are getaways from vacation planning!
Has anyone been on the Magic Kingdom Fireworks Cruise for DVC members lately? We are wondering if it is worth the $85 per person price versus the $69 for the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise. Also, since it is a group of no more than 10, do people usually tip the captain for this cruise?

I'm sure that the captain gets tipped. My concern is a cancellation if not enough signup.

:earsboy: Bill

I did the DVC members cruise the Wednesday after the Mega Meet last month.

Meet at the Contemporary dock. We got chocolate covered strawberries, sparkling wine and some cookies. After about 20-30 minutes, we were shown to our boats. There were about 18 people, so two boats. Once on board, there was a cooler with bottled sodas and some chips/snacks/etc. We got a tour around the lagoon, and prime viewing of the Electric Water Pageant. We then went over to the Magic Kingdom, and an awesome view of Wishes with the music playing on the boat. Then a short ride back over to the Contemporary dock.

The Pirates cruise was occasionally within ear shot of us. The vibe is WAY more chill on the DVC cruise. We all just enjoyed being on the water, and the views of all the resorts. The captain told us all about various things that can be seen from the boat, and answered questions. Overall, an awesome experience. No one I saw attempted to tip anyone.

Hope that helps!

I did the DVC members cruise the Wednesday after the Mega Meet last month.

Meet at the Contemporary dock. We got chocolate covered strawberries, sparkling wine and some cookies. After about 20-30 minutes, we were shown to our boats. There were about 18 people, so two boats. Once on board, there was a cooler with bottled sodas and some chips/snacks/etc. We got a tour around the lagoon, and prime viewing of the Electric Water Pageant. We then went over to the Magic Kingdom, and an awesome view of Wishes with the music playing on the boat. Then a short ride back over to the Contemporary dock.

The Pirates cruise was occasionally within ear shot of us. The vibe is WAY more chill on the DVC cruise. We all just enjoyed being on the water, and the views of all the resorts. The captain told us all about various things that can be seen from the boat, and answered questions. Overall, an awesome experience. No one I saw attempted to tip anyone.

Hope that helps!
This was our experience 3 years ago. We had Capt Kate a Penn State college program student. We had a great time and DD keeps asking when we can do it again. Two thumbs up here b

The DVC fireworks cruise is only done on Wednesdays out of the Contemporary. They provide champagne and chocolate covered strawberries prior to the cruise in a roped off area for the members. The price is per person, and they do not cancel due to small groups. They have actually sent them out with only 1 or 2 people on the boat, but usually there are more on the boat. They do a maximum of two boats each Wednesday, 10 person maximim per boat. The usual snacks and soft drinks are also included on the boat. Tips for the skipper are accepted and certainly appreciated by the them, but not required. Some people do, some don't, it is your call.

The Pirates and Pals is a totally different experience which is a shorter cruise timewise, and is more geared towards the entertainment aspect of the pirate. The pirates cruise is also on a time limit, if the fireworks are delayed, which does occur on rare occasions, the pirates boat returns to the dock, whereas the regular cruise boats do not until the show eventually fnishes.

If yu have any specific questions regarding the various cruises, Pm me.

The DVC fireworks cruise is only done on Wednesdays out of the Contemporary. They provide champagne and chocolate covered strawberries prior to the cruise in a roped off area for the members. The price is per person, and they do not cancel due to small groups. They have actually sent them out with only 1 or 2 people on the boat, but usually there are more on the boat. They do a maximum of two boats each Wednesday, 10 person maximim per boat. The usual snacks and soft drinks are also included on the boat. Tips for the skipper are accepted and certainly appreciated by the them, but not required. Some people do, some don't, it is your call.

The Pirates and Pals is a totally different experience which is a shorter cruise timewise, and is more geared towards the entertainment aspect of the pirate. The pirates cruise is also on a time limit, if the fireworks are delayed, which does occur on rare occasions, the pirates boat returns to the dock, whereas the regular cruise boats do not until the show eventually fnishes.

If yu have any specific questions regarding the various cruises, Pm me.

There was at least one post where the poster was contacted by DVC canceling their fireworks cruise a couple of days prior to their sale date due, they said due to not enough bookings. Maybe that has now changed.

Any idea what it costs to rent the boat privately? Is there more than one size of boat for private rentals?

There was at least one post where the poster was contacted by DVC canceling their fireworks cruise a couple of days prior to their sale date due, they said due to not enough bookings. Maybe that has now changed.

Any idea what it costs to rent the boat privately? Is there more than one size of boat for private rentals?

There might have been some other reason for the cancellation. As I mentioned, they do go out with only two people some weeks, and a couple of times have gone out with a single guest.

The regular cruises are :

Basic, seats up to 8, Wishes music on some boats but not gauranteed, $319.50 (tax included), plus any tip.

Premium, seats up to 10, Wishes music on all boats, $371.44 plus any tip.

They go out seven nights a week, can be picked up at any of the 4 Mk area resorts , not WL at present time due to marina constuction. Can be dropped off at any of the 4 resorts, does not have to be the same one you were picked up at. Can not be picked up or dropped off at MK or TTC. Most nights Electrical Water Pageant is included in the cruise, but not when the fireworks are at 8pm.

DVC cruises meet at 8:30pm for 10:00 fireworks, have their champagne and strawberries at the marina, then go out on the boat at 9pm.

Regular cruises board and go out at 9pm for 10pm fireworks. Times are adjusted accordingly depending on fireworks times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter