DVC Member Cruise Differences - would non-Disney super fans enjoy it?

Duckbug.Ducktales

Listening to the music to Fantasmic!
We're booked on a Mediterranean Cruise 5/25/2024, the one immediately after the DVC Member cruise. When booking begins for the member cruise is available, the plan is to switch to that one unless it's a whole lot more expensive.

Questions:

Can one bring guests on a DVC Member cruise? MIL and her friend are thinking about joining us, but they would have a separate cabin. Can we book the two cabins even though the second cabin (MIL and her friend) will contain no DVC members?

Also, is the programming on a member cruise very different to the point that MIL and her friend might not enjoy it? DH and I are big Disney fans and from what I've seen on YouTube, we'll love to hear stories from animators/imagineers/etc, it seems they have a lot of that on member cruises. MIL likes Disney and goes to the parks with us, she may enjoy some presentations, but will there be other stuff for her to do also? I'm wondering to what extent member cruises are different as we've never been on one before. Thanks for any help!

In order to book two cabins you would need at least one DIRECT member in each cabin. So if you are travelling with MIL and her friend, neither of whom are DVC members, they cannot book a cabin just the two of them. You didn't say who else you were traveling with but I'm assuming spouse at least so for cabin #1 put yourself as the lead guest, cabin #2 put your spouse. Also unless they changed it, at least one person in each cabin must be booked on points. So you would need enough points for both yourself and your spouse.

A member cruise is ALL about Disney, from the gifts to the entertainment etc. If they are not big Disney fans IMO it would be a waste. Member cruises are usually a lot more money than 'regular' cruises. They also need to be paid in full the day you book them.

We've only done one member cruise so far (in 2019) and probably won't be doing another one for a while. I would LOVE to do this one but we have two kids in high school so cannot take them out in May.

In order to book two cabins you would need at least one DIRECT member in each cabin. So if you are travelling with MIL and her friend, neither of whom are DVC members, they cannot book a cabin just the two of them. You didn't say who else you were traveling with but I'm assuming spouse at least so for cabin #1 put yourself as the lead guest, cabin #2 put your spouse. Also unless they changed it, at least one person in each cabin must be booked on points. So you would need enough points for both yourself and your spouse.

A member cruise is ALL about Disney, from the gifts to the entertainment etc. If they are not big Disney fans IMO it would be a waste. Member cruises are usually a lot more money than 'regular' cruises. They also need to be paid in full the day you book them.

We've only done one member cruise so far (in 2019) and probably won't be doing another one for a while. I would LOVE to do this one but we have two kids in high school so cannot take them out in May.
Thanks for all of this. We are direct members and yes, the other person in my cabin would be my spouse. Good to know that one member has to be in each cabin. MIL is a fan and would probably enjoy some of the presentations enough, but I'm afraid her friend wouldn't and if it's really that much more expensive, it sounds like it would be best not to bring them along and do something different with them. Thanks again!

In order to book two cabins you would need at least one DIRECT member in each cabin. So if you are travelling with MIL and her friend, neither of whom are DVC members, they cannot book a cabin just the two of them.
Sorry, but that in incorrect. For all previous Member Cruises, members could book multiple staterooms (typically up to 3) and the other guests need NOT be DVC members.

Sorry, but that in incorrect. For all previous Member Cruises, members could book multiple staterooms (typically up to 3) and the other guests need NOT be DVC members.
I did now confirm this with MS, not that it matters as we're not bringing folks anyway. But good to know.

I’m debating between the member cruise or the cruise after that leaves 5/25. If we do the member cruise though, we wouldn’t be able to arrive into Barcelona until the morning of the same day that the cruise is scheduled to leave. Has anyone done this before? We typically fly in the day before but we would be unable to do this due to our schedule.

Also, I know this is subjective but is there a big difference of enjoyment between the member cruise vs just the regular cruise?

I’m debating between the member cruise or the cruise after that leaves 5/25. If we do the member cruise though, we wouldn’t be able to arrive into Barcelona until the morning of the same day that the cruise is scheduled to leave. Has anyone done this before? We typically fly in the day before but we would be unable to do this due to our schedule.

Also, I know this is subjective but is there a big difference of enjoyment between the member cruise vs just the regular cruise?
Unless you're coming from Europe, I wouldn't chance flying in the day of. If the flight gets cancelled due to weather or mechanical issues the next flight may get you in after the cruise departs.

Ugh, I'm sorry. Here I thought I was being helpful but most of my post was incorrect. Guess I'm still learning, too! :scared: ::yes::

Ugh, I'm sorry. Here I thought I was being helpful but most of my post was incorrect. Guess I'm still learning, too! :scared: ::yes::
Your post was helpful! It helped me realize that it would be best not to bring MIL and her friend to this as they likely wouldn't get as much out of it and that may not be worth the extra cost.

Your post was helpful! It helped me realize that it would be best not to bring MIL and her friend to this as they likely wouldn't get as much out of it and that may not be worth the extra cost.
Aww well good, I'm glad I didn't botch it up completely :rotfl2:And that you did get accurate info from other posts, too!

I am also debating, but I have booked the 5/25 sailing. For me, 5/22/24 is my 50th Birthday and this trip is the celebration for it. So I will be celebrating either on the ship or Disneyland Paris, not a bad place to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter