DVC Member Cruise Sept 2023

The DVC Member Cruise points are out!!! WOO HOO!!! And the prices are not bad! 201-209 for OV with verandah!! WOW! MUCH cheaper than I thought!

I have lots of questions, however. Why is 5B and 6A on the same decks more pricey?
Is there a deck plan that has that marked? 5B,6A,etc?
Remember that is per person and you have to pay for two people minimum - So 402 to 418 total that could net you at least $6,432 on the rental market. The cash rate for that room is $3,558, so they are really giving away how inflated the point aspect is.

Thanks!!
Do you know pls if For a solo trip I would have to pay as if there were two people? Or only points/cash that are here per person?

The points/cash chart does say double occupancy, so I suspect you’ll pay for two people.

Can dvc rental store book this one in exchange for the points?
We would not be able to book this as a swap opportunity, as it requires the Member to book directly with DVC Member Services. You would have to book the sailing yourself, but we could then definitely help you rent your points, and you could use that cash to pay for the sailing!

Remember that is per person and you have to pay for two people minimum - So 402 to 418 total that could net you at least $6,432 on the rental market. The cash rate for that room is $3,558, so they are really giving away how inflated the point aspect is.
However.... The DVC website says 1 can pay points, the other cash. So, 201ish/person for 1 person is not bad. In my previous post, I said that I got a 'free' week of points from a major leak in our room at BWV last year. I banked those points as they gave me the whole week free, so I am out maybe 35 points.. I think the week was 172 points, and the DVC Member cruise (IF I can get it) for OV room is 201... So, in my instance, for 23 points for 1 person? YES, PLEASE!!!

So, would anyone care to explain about 6A and 5B on the same decks, but different prices.. Albeit not much difference? Is there a deck plan to show this?
By the way, a great website to show the deck plan of the WISH.. Am I allowed to show the website on a post??

@deerh maybe you can get answers regarding differences on the cruise board. It may have to do with the balconies, railing, or wall types. Also, more to center, rather than further back makes a difference.

Last edited:
In the past what has been the average time to actually get connected to DVC to book member cruise once the call in time opens. Was there a long period of busy signals when trying to connect?

I am not asking about on hold wait times just times to actually get connected. I expect hold times to be long.

Has anyone seen any mention about whether or not standard gratuities are included? We've done 4 previous member cruises and the tips were included in the price. Have not seen any mention of that this time.

And as far as phone connect times - seems like I've always gotten connected within minutes - but hold times can be all day. I remember one Saturday still being on hold mid-afternoon.
Have the phone fully charged and be prepared for an all day adventure.

@deerh maybe you can get answers regarding differences on the cruise board. It may have to do with the balconies, railing, or wall types. Also, more to center, rather than further back makes a difference.
Ok, thanks for that. Will check it out..

cruisedeckplans.com has the updated WISH deck plans complete with you tube videos of rooms and pictures!
HTH!

Has anyone seen any mention about whether or not standard gratuities are included? We've done 4 previous member cruises and the tips were included in the price. Have not seen any mention of that this time.

And as far as phone connect times - seems like I've always gotten connected within minutes - but hold times can be all day. I remember one Saturday still being on hold mid-afternoon.
Have the phone fully charged and be prepared for an all day adventure.
Thanks, Using fully charged cell phone and will be keeping charger close in case of long hold.

Trying to talk DH into this (quickly). Does anyone know the cancellation policy? I might have to book it and then talk him into it. I have a year, right???

Trying to talk DH into this (quickly). Does anyone know the cancellation policy? I might have to book it and then talk him into it. I have a year, right???
They have had generous refund in the past, so you should be ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter