DVC Member Cruise Sept 2023

Just curious for those that have a reservation, what percentage higher is the member cruise vs the 4-day cruise a week later?
Our cabin for the DVC cruise is $1711 per person (I’m assuming without taxes/fees). Same cabin on the 4-night one week later is $1272 per person.

Very disappointed. After being on hold for an hour and finally getting through find out that concierge rooms are all gone!

DH is hearing about people being dropped after being on the hold music!!
Now he is back to calling while I'm on hold just in case....
I've been on hold 45min
Haha - we won't even touch the phone for fear of accidentally hanging up

DH is hearing about people being dropped after being on the hold music!!
Now he is back to calling while I'm on hold just in case....
I've been on hold 45min
Haha - we won't even touch the phone for fear of accidentally hanging up
Having my DH starting to call again now too LOL!!! I havent touched my phoned since music started either! 45min on hold so far...:sad2::oops:

Very disappointed. After being on hold for an hour and finally getting through find out that concierge rooms are all gone!
Jealous! Still haven't been able to get through beyond line-busy signal! Started at 7:05 PST.

After about 50 minutes calling in and 1 dropped call, and 54 minutes on hold, we were able to get in and get our verandah room. I figured it wouldn’t be sold out for a while, so I wasn’t too worried, but the worst was trying to get by the busy signal. I’ll have to admit I hung up a couple of times before it even connected.

Well, my husband's patience is better than mine. I gave up and took a shower. (We have a delivery coming and I needed to be presentable.) He got through about 30 minutes after I gave up. He's now been on hold for 45 minutes. Took us over 400 calls, 8 dropped calls and 90 minutes just to get hold music. There has got to be a better way...

Finally finished - 2hr 15min from start to finish. Our top 2 categories were booked and so we ended up in 3rd choice as far aft as available (not as far as we like) and on port side although we wanted starboard for firework viewing on 7th floor because DH didn't want to be right above a restaurant (could have gotten starboard on 6) ... just glad it's done!
Hope everyone is getting through and getting booked!

We are still on hold with music, 25 min now.
Does anyone know where to find an updated deck plan with the stateroom categories? Our 1st choice is gone and we think it will be hard to get our other choices because there aren't many of those rooms - we always want to be as far aft as possible
Yes!
Cruisedeckplans.com

YOU WERE TOLD !!!!!!

It is a l o n g and nerve-wracking process. It is always this why.
You have over 100,000 members. A phone trunk for 500 calls and 125 agents.

That why you have to have a phone that can be plugged in, and alot of PATIENCE.

Interestingly the DCL website and the DVC website show a different order in the port stops.

DVCMemberCruise.com shows:
1658594156087.png
My reservation at DisneyCruise.com shows:
1658594193964.png

Linked my reservation # to DCL Navigator app and found my second passenger's last name is displaying wrong (it's using mine). I did provide their full name during the booking call. Going to ask about it when I get the call back, but I wonder if it's just a temporary placeholder and I'm worrying over nothing.

On hold with music at 10:18, got CM at 11:02 (40 minute hold). Booked category 5B on deck 9--cabins were disappearing while she took our information. Said cancellation policy is 60 days out.

Good Luck! Gotta be a better way...
Here is the official cancelation policy for 1 - 4 day cruises on the DVC website for the main categories. I confirmed this with DCL. 90 days or more no penalty otherwise follow the schedule.

Policy for Stateroom Categories 4A – 11C, for Sailings of 1 to 5 Nights:
90 or More Days Before Sail DateAll Reservation Points will be returned to the Use Year in which the reservation falls, or 100% of the cash payment will be returned
89 to 45 Days Before Sail DateForfeiture of 20% of Reservation Points or 20% of cash payment made
44 to 30 Days Before Sail DateForfeiture of 50% of Reservation Points or 50% of cash payment made
29 to 15 Days Before Sail DateForfeiture of 75% of Reservation Points or 75% of cash payment made
14 Days or Fewer Before Sail DateForfeiture of all Reservation Points or all cash paid

Linked my reservation # to DCL Navigator app and found my second passenger's last name is displaying wrong (it's using mine). I did provide their full name during the booking call. Going to ask about it when I get the call back, but I wonder if it's just a temporary placeholder and I'm worrying over nothing.
If it's wrong on the DCL side, you will need to get DVC to correct it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter