DVC Member Cruise Sept 2023

Booked!! Woot woot! Those of you waiting, be patient. They will get through. I got past busy signals after 81 minutes. I waited on hold music for 64 minutes. I got my second choice of category. :yay:

Just of note - when we were on hold, we kept refreshing the sold out list because we knew that our top 2 categories have very few rooms. One was listed as sold out, the other available, but I don't think they kept updating that list because when we finally got through and asked for our 2nd choice, CM said that was booked as well even though it said "available".
And it still says available now, 45 min after we booked.

Last edited:
Well, my husband's patience is better than mine. I gave up and took a shower. (We have a delivery coming and I needed to be presentable.) He got through about 30 minutes after I gave up. He's now been on hold for 45 minutes. Took us over 400 calls, 8 dropped calls and 90 minutes just to get hold music. There has got to be a better way...
..."got to be a better way..."! Agree!!!

LOTTERY SYSTEM / VIRTUAL QUEUE!

Ok, so got through to music / hold around 9:35 AM PST, started on/off since 7:05 AM, earnestly cycling between 800- number and 407- number since 9 AM. Even if dropped at this point, I have achieved at least a small sense of accomplishment lol!

Finally done. 90 minutes to get in and 1:35 hours on the phone between on-hold and taking to the cast member. Didn't get any of our three choices of cabin because I need to be mid-ship so we had to go up a category. We were booked on the 2021 member cruise that didn't happen and I don't remember that booking being this frustrating. I better enjoy this trip.

Insurance question: we have always booked 3rd party insurance which REALLY came in handy when we canceled the last cruise right before the covid shut down as we got our money back instead of a credit. Is that possible for cruises booked through DVC? We’ve done several DCL but not a DVC one. Also, will this specialty cruise count towards our DCL status?

Insurance question: we have always booked 3rd party insurance which REALLY came in handy when we canceled the last cruise right before the covid shut down as we got our money back instead of a credit. Is that possible for cruises booked through DVC? We’ve done several DCL but not a DVC one. Also, will this specialty cruise count towards our DCL status?
Following! I'm planning to buy third-party insurance to get coverage for flights, etc. I assume it will be easier since we are planning to pay entirely with cash.

Yes it counts toward status!
We have always gotten 3rd party insurance for the DVC cruises.

It is my understanding that third party insurance won't touch this because it is through DVC. You can only get insurance through DVC. That has been my experience in the past. The DVC insurance changed in January 2022 to include cash payments and not just the points.

I hope you can prove me wrong :)

Yes it counts toward status!
We have always gotten 3rd party insurance for the DVC cruises.
Were you paying cash for the entire cruise. My experience has been when using points third party insurance wouldn't touch the DVC cruise

Got through at exactly 1hr mark of music-hold (10:35 PST)...on hold for cast member getting confirmation that they are all sold out...hope hanging on a thread...still on hold for confirmation now > 10 min (what is taking so long to confirm all sold out? maybe not just a computer / system glitch? 10:45 PST)...hoping against all odds...11:14 AM PST cast-members are all logged off, still waiting for the final confirmation from DCL that there aren't anymore cabins, a few other guests still on hold, consoled I'm not alone...

Last edited:
After trying for 2 1/2 hours, an hour on hold, I was just told the cruise is sold out. I'm not seeing this posted anywhere else.
Oh no!! There are still categories listed as available on the site, but they were definitely not updating that.
This experience was totally different and much worse than when we booked for the DVC MC to Bermuda. That was so much smoother. This was awful.
Now we cannot find our reservation anywhere - it is not in my Disney cruise line reservations and its not on my DVC dashboard.

Total time for me was a bit less than an hour and a half. For some time, we had two phones, and we had 5 or 6 dropped calls. Tom left to go to vets after I got in which was probably 30-45 minutes before I spoke with Penelope. Once we talked, I don’t think it took even 10 minutes.

We wanted HA OV with veranda, not family sized, and there are about 15 of them. I am happy to say that we did get one of them. :boat:

Patience and time are needed. It’s a big ship, I hope there’s room for everyone who really want to go.

great. I’ll wave at you if our ships pass each other. We’re on the Fantasy sept 2-9, 2023. Right dates, wrong cruise. I looked and the dvc price was higher than my 7 night Caribbean cruise in my favorite 4E cabin. Glad you got your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter