DVC Member Cruise Sept 2023

Oh no!! There are still categories listed as available on the site, but they were definitely not updating that.
This experience was totally different and much worse than when we booked for the DVC MC to Bermuda. That was so much smoother. This was awful.
Now we cannot find our reservation anywhere - it is not in my Disney cruise line reservations and its not on my DVC dashboard.
The member cruise reservation didn't show on my account either. I was able to add it with the confirmation number that DVC gave me. Try that.

great. I’ll wave at you if our ships pass each other. We’re on the Fantasy sept 2-9, 2023. Right dates, wrong cruise. I looked and the dvc price was higher than my 7 night Caribbean cruise in my favorite 4E cabin. Glad you got your room.
Ugg…one day we will have same dates AND same ship!::yes::

Were you paying cash for the entire cruise. My experience has been when using points third party insurance wouldn't touch the DVC cruise
We have used Allianz travel insurance In the past. Because we haven’t paid yet I haven’t tried to book insurance yet.

We have used Allianz travel insurance In the past. Because we haven’t paid yet I haven’t tried to book insurance yet.
Nationwide is who paid out on our last canceled cruise so I am going to try them when we make payment. We are not using points for this cruise. I am going to rent out the points we would be using for that time of years trip.

From InsureMyTrip who is where we have always looked for a plan : As long as the travel arrangements are prepaid and non-refundable prior to departure, you can insure that expense.

We are paying 100% cash

11:51AM PST (80 min hold)... My mom always says, "good things come to those who wait...a few cat 9Bs available! Means I have to get two cabins for my family of five, but the cast-member sounds like it won't be a problem.

There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you! This worked for me.
I cannot get this to work - it says my reservation cannot be located with the confirmation number entered - so I am back on hold with DVC to see if I really have a reservation for this cruise. And I have a bad feeling about it.

I cannot get this to work - it says my reservation cannot be located with the confirmation number entered - so I am back on hold with DVC to see if I really have a reservation for this cruise. And I have a bad feeling about it.
Could be they gave you a wrong number somewhere. Positive vibes for you.

Nationwide is who paid out on our last canceled cruise so I am going to try them when we make payment. We are not using points for this cruise. I am going to rent out the points we would be using for that time of years trip.
I hope to rent points to pay for this too.

It seems to me since they have your membership number that you will be fine. Let us know!pixiedust:

We have another couple who was also trying to book today as we wanted to do this cruise together. They had better luck than we did in the first hour-fifteen minutes. We made over 530 attempts from one cell phone with four dropped calls at the privacy notice. Our friends called us at 11:15 to see if we had booked, and as we hadn't (they had), they had a surprise for us - the agent who had booked theirs was able to hold on for a 3-way call so we could get ours booked, too. We were going to link our reservations anyway, and in their conversation with the agent about traveling with another family, she offered to assist. I feel like they were our fairy godparents today. Now to wait for the call backs to finalize everything!

I finally was able to get through only to hear the recording that the member cruise is now SOLD OUT! The message went on to say to check back Aug 7th...ugh Oh well I'll try then and if I don't get on this sailing then I will try again next time.

It is my understanding that third party insurance won't touch this because it is through DVC. You can only get insurance through DVC. That has been my experience in the past. The DVC insurance changed in January 2022 to include cash payments and not just the points.

I hope you can prove me wrong :)
So, I called the DVC insurance line (Insurance that DVC offers) this week before booking the DVC Member Cruise. They said the following: (I am booking 1 person on points, other cash) We will cover the dues based on the points you use. For instance-202 points used for cruise x dues/point.
Say BWV dues are $7.00/point x 202=$1414. From my understanding, you will not get the points back...
On the cash part, they will pay the full amount of cash for the other person. Now that was what I was told by the DVC travel insurance people......

Could be they gave you a wrong number somewhere. Positive vibes for you.
Well, I always do read back/repeat back so that wasn't the issue...

After being on hold for 1 1/2 hour AGAIN on 2 phones, we finally got through at the same time (go figure) and confirmed that we do have a room, the problem was that the original CM never entered my or DH's birth date when making the reservation, so that's why we couldn't pull it up on DCL site. This CM was very confused and said that should never have happened - I guess its lucky that it was still booked under our names without complete info?!
He entered the birth dates and now I can see it on DCL.
He did immediately answer the phone with "we are completely booked" and I was like "yes, I know, I hope I am already included, please help me!!"

Called back in to try to get my husband's last name fixed, but was advised to do this when the agent calls back for payment.

When I received the call back for payment, they said they couldn't fix the issue for the reservation today due to system issues and can only take payment during the call.

Was told to call MS after August 1st to try again. Time to set a calendar reminder!

So, I called the DVC insurance line (Insurance that DVC offers) this week before booking the DVC Member Cruise. They said the following: (I am booking 1 person on points, other cash) We will cover the dues based on the points you use. For instance-202 points used for cruise x dues/point.
Say BWV dues are $7.00/point x 202=$1414. From my understanding, you will not get the points back...
On the cash part, they will pay the full amount of cash for the other person. Now that was what I was told by the DVC travel insurance people......
Yes you are correct, that is how it works. The insurance is good for as many trips as you take in the use year, not just this cruise. For the $99 cost it actually covers a higher limit for medical evacuation 250,000 from DVC insurance vs 30,000 from DCL insurance. I am more concerned with this coverage and happy with the fact that DVC insurance now covers cash payments. I am ok with using the annual dues for dollar value of points.

My annual dues come to $7.82 x 207 pts for cruise = $1,618. Very close to cash price of 1 passenger. $1,762 for cat 5B cash price. For prior cruises where I went through DVC and used a combination of points and cash, the cash price DVC charged for the second passenger was exactly the same as the price listed on DCL per passenger for that cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter