DVC Member Cruise Sept 2023

I began a thread for the cruise here on Disboards! This was before I found I missed the pay call this morning. I hope I’m still on the cruise! ::yes::

Should be no problem. It happened to us yesterday and the message instructed us to call member services back on the regular number. There was an option for paying for member cruise. It was still a bit of a wait but once I got through they handled everything including special requests such as food allergies.

Should be no problem. It happened to us yesterday and the message instructed us to call member services back on the regular number. There was an option for paying for member cruise. It was still a bit of a wait but once I got through they handled everything including special requests such as food allergies.
Ok…will try. Thank you.

I enjoyed the cruise booking yesterday because I saw a lot of movement of rooms (I am assuming people cancelling trips in order to re-allocate points when cruise bookings were confirmed).

Picked up 6 out of 7 nights in a 1 BR Standard View at RIV and 3 nights at BCV in a studio (in the event the one night for RIV in the middle doesn't come available) the week before Christmas......

Our message said call the 800#, then press options 1, 3, 1 for the member services Disney Cruise group. Did you get different instructions? I ha e been trying for 3 hours to get through but only get the Call Back Later message.

I just checked by dialing member services. You are correct. It is a different message from yesterday. Today's message is the standard message. Yesterday there was an option for member cruise payments. When I got through I am sure the person I was talking to was not from the original DVC cruise line team. I suggest calling and selecting the option for Walt Disney World. You guys are just making a payment not booking a DCL cruise. The program that member services was using yesterday was a DVC program not a DCL program. It is possible that any member service rep can take your payment. The rep yesterday was also able to input food allergies and special dining requests as well without calling DCL like a normal cruise booking through DVC.

The worst that can happen is that the rep tells you that you have to use the Disney Cruise option when calling in.

I just checked by dialing member services. You are correct. It is a different message from yesterday. Today's message is the standard message. Yesterday there was an option for member cruise payments. When I got through I am sure the person I was talking to was not from the original DVC cruise line team. I suggest calling and selecting the option for Walt Disney World. You guys are just making a payment not booking a DCL cruise. The program that member services was using yesterday was a DVC program not a DCL program. It is possible that any member service rep can take your payment. The rep yesterday was also able to input food allergies and special dining requests as well without calling DCL like a normal cruise booking through DVC.

The worst that can happen is that the rep tells you that you have to use the Disney Cruise option when calling in.
Thanks. I figure I will try at 9AM tomorrow, and of course also hope they call again. I get why they tried to make things faster yesterday, but I wish we could have just handled everything already.

On chat, I asked if I called could the CM take my payment, and I was told yes. Well, I called, finally got a very nice CM, who checked and I was told to call again in the morning when they opened at 9, and hopefully then I would not be getting the message to call back. I was told that’s it’s a very small group that are taking payments.

for specifics on what a pre existing condition is probably best to call Travelex but generally a pre existing condition could be a medical condition that you already have that as long as stable no problem. if for some reason that medical condition causes you to not be able to take your trip it the insurance company can exclude the reason for the cancelation from being covered. to my knowledge all travel insurance companies have a policy regarding pre existing insurance.

I never got a clear answer on dues payments but my understanding is that annual dues are due the beginning of each calendar year but the insurance it self is based on use year. So that gets confusing. So as an example to avoid any confusion I just purchased the 2023 use year insurance even though the points I used are from 2022 use year and they are covered by the insurance previously purchased for 2022 use year. The tricky part is the cash payment and no clear answer on from DVC member service on which use year covers the cash portion. So I purchased the 2023 use year insurance now just incase. As long as you purchase 2023 use year insurance before January 2023 when dues are due there would be no issue with pre-existing conditions.

To make things more complicated I pay dues automatically monthly which is another reason why I purchase the insurance prior to the calendar year.
Thanks for the info. Will follow up with DVC Insurance about the payment timing and covering pre-existing conditions.. Appreciate your help!

I always use our home phone with Member Services. Apparently they called my cell this morning and it was off. I tried calling regarding payment and the message is they are busy, call back. I hope this works out.
We got our call back at 5:15 pm Saturday evening while driving home from dinner. I almost didn't answer since my phone showed "TOLL FREE CALL" and didn't display a phone number. I happened to look at my car's radio display and the actual phone number displayed there and I vaguely recognized it as the DVC Toll Free Number. I have since added the Toll Free Number to the DVC contact on my phone since I previously only had the local 407 number stored.

The CM was able to move the 50% refund of points from when the DVC Charter was delayed to our 2023 UY so those points could be used for this cruise.

I tried again today and twice I got the “call back because we are busy” both times. I am home now, and hope they call.

Wow, I am surprised that they don't even let you just wait on hold. Maybe keep trying several times during the day to see if you get a different message. I am sure they want your money as soon as possible. DCL policy is other than a deposit you have time to pay in full. paying in full at time of booking is a DVC policy. This sounds almost as bad as calling DCL and waiting on line for hours and having the wait times increase while you on hold and eventually hanging up.

Missed the call yesterday, called back but couldn't hold for the 60+ minute wait. Called twice this morning & got the "we're busy, call later" message. This is BS; at this rate it will take as long to book as the cruise itself...

Missed the call yesterday, called back but couldn't hold for the 60+ minute wait. Called twice this morning & got the "we're busy, call later" message. This is BS; at this rate it will take as long to book as the cruise itself...
We are in the same :boat:

DVC should complete the entire process (booking & payment) when initially booking the cruise as they did in previous years. Think this new process started in 2019.

DVC should complete the entire process (booking & payment) when initially booking the cruise as they did in previous years. Think this new process started in 2019.
As long as they are having Cast Members who are not fully trained in cruise reservations booking the cruise (confirmed by Member Services CM last week), I do not think that is going to happen any time soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter