DVC Member Cruise Sept 2023

They called us on Sunday, and took our points. However, our stateroom was not the one we had booked previously. Normally I would not care as long as we were placed in the same category. However, this time I am upset, as we had booked our room next to my sister’s room. Now we are on the other side of the ship, not near at all. They are going to look into it, but what can they do…:confused3
We are in a somewhat similar boat. While booking connecting rooms for my family, they took my information for the first stateroom, then my daughter's information for the second stateroom. The CM told me what the total amount would be but when giving me the confirmation #'s for the reservation for the two connecting cabins, somehow my cabin reservation was gone and only my daughter's was booked. So my daughter and her husband have a stateroom and I, as the DVC contract holder member, am without.

So next step, was to ask her to add me to their stateroom, which she said she did, but the reservations still only shows my daughter, her husband and their baby.

No call yet to pay, and I know I will have to wait until August to try and get someone to update the reservation to add additional people to the stateroom, but I am still flabbergasted that happened at all! I was told the same thing you were; they will look into it but as the ship is sold out, unless something opens up that I am able to grab, I am pretty much out of luck in getting my own stateroom for my oldest son and myself. With a year before sailing, I may as well be patient and see how this all goes. I'm sure this won't be the last DVC Member Cruise offered so there is always next time.

I would have been happy with two non-connecting rooms on the ship rather than losing one stateroom entirely. Lol! With that said I do hope it all works out for you.

Do they provide waitlists for the cruise or do you just have to stalk the website to see if anything opens up? (Never been on a cruise before in my life, let alone a DVC Member one, so thank you for filling me in)

We hadn't heard from DVC for payment by Monday night, so DH called to pay and waited on hold for a long, long time again. He finally got through and paid. Then DVC called Tuesday night to get payment! I told her DH had called the night before and paid and she was confused, looked us up, and found it - why she didn't already have that info when making her calls, I don't know! Its all been a little sketchy this time around...

We hadn't heard from DVC for payment by Monday night, so DH called to pay and waited on hold for a long, long time again. He finally got through and paid. Then DVC called Tuesday night to get payment! I told her DH had called the night before and paid and she was confused, looked us up, and found it - why she didn't already have that info when making her calls, I don't know! Its all been a little sketchy this time around...
Which prompt did you use? I have not been successful getting to someone to take payment.

I did another chat with Emma. She says we can pay next week. They are very busy.

Last edited:
HI, I called his morning right at 9AM. I hit Disney cruise line, entered my DVC # and was picked up right away. The lovely woman I spoke to said they were still calling members for payment, they were behind, but that everyone would be called. Since I had her on the phone, I did pay and it only took a few minutes. Still considered Sold out. After 8/07 they will know if any cabins are available - if anyone decided not to pay.

I'm sorry to hear so many are still trying to get their cruise paid. I imagine for the next Member Cruise they will have made some changes to the process again, and hopefully for the better. While this is our first Member Cruise, I would guess that because it is on the Wish, there was even more demand than other ones. I know for us, being on the Wish was a big draw. Plus the sailing dates FINALLY fit nicely for our family.

Called back to try to get the passenger info fixed, since I was told last week to try again August 1st. Somehow ended up talking to a general Member Services CM, who tried to transfer me over to the Members Cruise CMs but there's over an hour wait and it wouldn't go through. They are still taking payments and are super busy. :sad2:

So.... Now that I have paid in full for the DVC Member Cruise.. I have some questions..

1. Is the cost our family paid include gratuities?
2. When will "all the fun" happen? Aka... Booking excursions/etc? Does DVC or DCL contact you?
3. When they contact you, when does that happen? 100 days out? 120?

Such a 'newbie' in the DCL world! Ha
Thanks!!

So.... Now that I have paid in full for the DVC Member Cruise.. I have some questions..

2. When will "all the fun" happen? Aka... Booking excursions/etc? Does DVC or DCL contact you?

Thanks!!
Traditionally, DVC MC have included gratuities. I didn’t ask, so I don’t know.

You should be able to book activities based on your CC level. No one contacts you, you keep checking on the app or website.

Now MAYBE DVC will send us emails based on celebrities they will have on board, but I wouldn’t count on it. They tend to be quiet about most things we want to know about.

This doesn’t mean the cruise won’t be exceptionally wonderful. Here’s the back cover from the on board magazine with all the events from the 2019 cruise. You can see from the pictures there were a large group of people there to inform and entertain us!

EB713873-9438-4DED-8820-B223C16ADB8D.jpeg

Thanks!!

If you should be able to log into the DCL website with your Disney sign in account info. Once in, click on Already Booked at the top and My Reservations. You may need to enter your confirmation number, last name and date of birth. That will bring up your cruise information and is where you can sign up for activities when the time comes. If this is your first DCL cruise, it will be 75 days before the cruise. You should also download the DCL app to your phone. The app has become a requirement for use while on the ship. I believe you can book activities on the app too.

If you should be able to log into the DCL website with your Disney sign in account info. Once in, click on Already Booked at the top and My Reservations. You may need to enter your confirmation number, last name and date of birth. That will bring up your cruise information and is where you can sign up for activities when the time comes. If this is your first DCL cruise, it will be 75 days before the cruise. You should also download the DCL app to your phone. The app has become a requirement for use while on the ship. I believe you can book activities on the app too.
Ok, thanks for the info. We did manage to get a Concierge room on this DVC Cruise. So, does that change the date of booking Palo/Star Wars Bar/excursions? When would that occur?

Ok, thanks for the info. We did manage to get a Concierge room on this DVC Cruise. So, does that change the date of booking Palo/Star Wars Bar/excursions? When would that occur?
I have never booked concierge, and I don’t know the answer about booking. You can ask on the Cruise line if it makes a difference.

Yes, I believe Concierge guests can email their requests in 130-140 days before sailing (not positive about exact date). I think shoreside Concierge will contact you before that timeframe to help assist you. I really don’t know specifics as we’ve not sailed at that level.

You might look at some threads on the DCL Forum. Here’s one to start:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/concierge-email-at-135-days.3885410/

Last edited:
OK...other than Kermit, who in the world are the rest of those people?
I’ll name some for you.

Bill Farmer, voice of Goofy, Bret Iwan, voice of Mickey and Matt Vogel who is the performer behind Kermit the Frog and other Muppets.

From the “Disney on Broadway“ stage show there was Jim Abbott, who directed the live band, Ashley Brown ( Broadway’s original Mary Poppins), Kissy Simmons ( Broadway’s Nola in The Lion King), Josh Strickland ( Broadway’s original Tarzan) and Alton Fitzgerald White ( Broadway’s Mufasa in The Lion King). Another performer was the show’s singing and dancing host Gavin Lee who was the original Bert in Broadway’s Mary Poppins.

Disney Legend Karen Dotrice who was Jane Banks in the 1964 Mary Poppins movie, Ryan March the Disney Files Editor and Don Hahn talked about the Sherman Brothers.

There was so much more, and it was one of the best DVC MC’s that I was ever on. I will also mention my favorite Disney Historian and artist Stacia Martin!

PS On a previous DVC MC was Joe Rohde and his talks and video presentations were excellent! He was in my Muster Station, and when I saw him there, I knew that was going to be a great cruise!

Last edited:

Thanks!!
When I added my reservation on the DCL website, it said that I had gratuities prepaid already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter