• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Memebership

signapay

Earning My Ears
Can someone tell me the best way to sell my membership. i know going thru tss they take a good chunk.

That "chunk" is the reseller's compensation for finding you a buyer.

The only other alternative is to find your own buyer. You could try listing services like eBay, Craigslist and others, but then it falls upon you to handle all of the legwork. You will need to write up a contract, submit to DVC for Right of First Refusal, work with a title company any so on.

Going without a reseller will save you money, but you better start doing some serious research to find out what you are getting yourself into. The process is many magnitudes more complicated than selling a used DVD player on eBay.

We used the TSS to sell our contract in 2009 and they did a wonderful job. It was as easy as calling them, giving them the details of the contract, they got some information, put it up on the website and I had a buyer in 24 hours.

We needed a delayed closing (4 months later) as we were traveling on the membership and this piece did nothing to deter us getting it sold quickly and efficiently.

While we did have to pay the commission for the sale, well worth it, IMO, to have it sold and gone with such ease.

Good luck!

If you think TSS is bad, then you'll be stunned at some other places that require an upfront payment just for a listing!

If you think TSS is bad, then you'll be stunned at some other places that require an upfront payment just for a listing!

The above is, by the way, illegal in the State of Florida:

(http://centralflorida.app.bbb.org/newsearch2.asp?ComID=073300175003582) the State of Florida - the collection of advanced listing fees from Florida residents, regardless of the location of the property, and owners of Florida timeshares is prohibited. Section 721.20(6), Florida Statutes, prohibits the collection of any advance fee for the listing of any timeshare estate or timeshare license, and requires that any seller of a timeshare plan be a licensed real estate broker, broker associate or sales associate as defined in Section 475.01, Florida Statutes."

We have used TSS with success to both purchase and sell. I am a Realtor in Central Florida and I trust them in the timeshare market.

Tracy

Can someone tell me the best way to sell my membership. i know going thru tss they take a good chunk.

I highly recommend The Timeshare Store as I have used them personally. I believe the commission is 10%, which is standard in the industry for selling timeshares. It works out to a fairly small amount considering the work of finding qualified buyers alone. Good luck! :santa:

I also used TTS and highly recommend using them. I didn't think it was a huge amount of money and our small contract sold the day it was listed. It was WELL worth it. Good luck!

We sold 2 contracts, about 5 years ago, one on our own, the other with a resaler (the one we'd just bought thru). Although some say it's very easy to sell on your own and it saves a lot of money, we'll never again try to sell a contract on our own. The commission we spent was well worth it.

I highly recommend The Timeshare Store as I have used them personally. I believe the commission is 10%, which is standard in the industry for selling timeshares. It works out to a fairly small amount considering the work of finding qualified buyers alone. Good luck! :santa:

I have to concur with lots of other people recommending The Timeshare Store. I used them to sell two of my ownerships and purchased two from them as well. They were always quick, efficient, and professional. I would use them again when needed without hesitation.

Yet another recommendation for TSS. :thumbsup2

I just closed a contract with them last month. I was the buyer, not the seller, but they had the exact amount of points I was looking for at a sold out resort in the same use year as my other two properties and for a fair price. They also walked me through some paperwork I had questions on. I would think the sellers felt the same way. Money well spent all around.

Good luck whatever you decide. :)

wow! 10 percent is skyhigh for a commission!

I purchased my contract through TSS and it was a simple experience.

If you have sold a home on your own, then go ahead and sell your timeshare on your own. Otherwise, it is worth the $$ to use the TSS. They will just get it done for a few signatures and a percentage.

Use TSS to sell it. They are great and the process will be stress free!! It is well worth the extra money.;)

wow! 10 percent is skyhigh for a commission!
10 percent is sky high for a $150,000 house. For a $15,000 timeshare it is very reasonable. I have a few five-acre tracts for sale for $15,000, and I've told some brokers I'll gladly pay a 10 percent commission,or $1,500, for a sale. They do quite a bit of work to earn that $1,500, and will not work to sell the land on a five percent cut.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter