• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC parking costs

disfoodie

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone - need some help. We have been DVC a few years (resale) but have never rented a car during our stay. We are thinking about renting a car for our trip this November. Can you help me understand parking costs. For the first 3 nights we are using points at Old Key West so I understand I get free self-parking at the resort. Question is do I get free parking at the parks? Then, after those 3 days we are staying at Riviera in a 1 bedroom NOT on points (using room discount). Do I get free parking at the resort since I am not on points? Thanks.

Hey everyone - need some help. We have been DVC a few years (resale) but have never rented a car during our stay. We are thinking about renting a car for our trip this November. Can you help me understand parking costs. For the first 3 nights we are using points at Old Key West so I understand I get free self-parking at the resort. Question is do I get free parking at the parks?
Yes. Free parking for the theme parks is a perk of staying on site. It has nothing to do with DVC. OKW is an on site resort.
Then, after those 3 days we are staying at Riviera in a 1 bedroom NOT on points (using room discount). Do I get free parking at the resort since I am not on points? Thanks.
You would not get free overnight parking UNLESS you booked your stay via MS. If you booked for cash online or via calling DRC/CRO, you pay for overnight parking. You would not pay to park at the theme parks, though, since you are staying on site.

You would not get free overnight parking UNLESS you booked your stay via MS. If you booked for cash online or via calling DRC/CRO, you pay for overnight parking. You would not pay to park at the theme parks, though, since you are staying on site.

I understand the difference, but the policy clearly states that a DVC Member staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa doesn't have to pay regardless of how the room was paid. Charging for parking even under that circumstance could still be construed as double-dipping. (It's a gray area, for sure, but probably not worth an inevitable law suit since that's likely a very tiny percentage of bookings.)

I'd dispute any parking charge on a DVC villa even if I booked it through central reservations.

Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel. A Member who chooses not to use vacation points for their stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel in an accommodation other than a DVC Deluxe Villa will be charged for standard overnight self-parking.

I understand the difference, but the policy clearly states that a DVC Member staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa doesn't have to pay regardless of how the room was paid. Charging for parking even under that circumstance could still be construed as double-dipping. (It's a gray area, for sure, but probably not worth an inevitable law suit since that's likely a very tiny percentage of bookings.)

I'd dispute any parking charge on a DVC villa even if I booked it through central reservations.

But when you book through Disney CRO, you are not staying as. DVC owner, You are now renting a cash rooms from Disney and the documents for parking say that renters booking this way pay the fee which goes back to dues,

That is why booking via MS is booking on your membership and therefore don’t pay for parking even if you are booked via cash.

We stayed one night at Riviera in early February using credit card reward points. When we checked in, DH pointed out to the front desk that we were DVC members, and they immediately took off the parking charges. So I believe that @ScubaCat is correct - a DVC member staying at a DVC resort doesn't have to pay for resort parking no matter how they're paying for the room.

Here's the copy and paste from the Member website:
Q.
Will DVC Members be charged for parking at a Resort hotel?
A.
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying in a Disney Vacation Club Deluxe Villa at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney's Vero Beach Resort or Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, regardless of whether they use Vacation Points or another form of payment. Members also will notbe charged to park when using Reservation Points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

A Member who chooses not to use Reservation Points for their stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel in an accommodation other than a DVC Deluxe Villa will be charged for standard overnight self-parking.

Disney Vacation Club Members who wish to shop, dine or enjoy activities for the day at a Disney Resort hotel are not subject to the overnight self-parking fee. Charges for valet parking will still apply.

We stayed one night at Riviera in early February using credit card reward points. When we checked in, DH pointed out to the front desk that we were DVC members, and they immediately took off the parking charges. So I believe that @ScubaCat is correct - a DVC member staying at a DVC resort doesn't have to pay for resort parking no matter how they're paying for the room.

Here's the copy and paste from the Member website:
Q.
Will DVC Members be charged for parking at a Resort hotel?
A.
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying in a Disney Vacation Club Deluxe Villa at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney's Vero Beach Resort or Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, regardless of whether they use Vacation Points or another form of payment. Members also will notbe charged to park when using Reservation Points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

A Member who chooses not to use Reservation Points for their stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel in an accommodation other than a DVC Deluxe Villa will be charged for standard overnight self-parking.

Disney Vacation Club Members who wish to shop, dine or enjoy activities for the day at a Disney Resort hotel are not subject to the overnight self-parking fee. Charges for valet parking will still apply.

Good to know you got it removed.

But when you book through Disney CRO, you are not staying as. DVC owner, You are now renting a cash rooms from Disney and the documents for parking say that renters booking this way pay the fee which goes back to dues,

That is why booking via MS is booking on your membership and therefore don’t pay for parking even if you are booked via cash.
I quoted the policy right off the parking fee page and it definitely says that a DVC member staying in a deluxe villa (DVC property) does not pay parking. If you book through CRO you might get charged since that reservation wouldn't be linked to your membership, but they should remove it upon request based on the policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter