• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Points at 7 Month Window?

christianweecare

DIS Veteran
Question about booking at the 7 month window for you. We have 2 contracts with the same use year. Can you specify how many points you want to use from each contract or is it an either or scenario? Say use 9 points from our AKV contract & the rest from our SSR contract? Or do have to have the entire amount available from that contract? I hope I’m making myself clear. We will have 9 points to bank for AKV this year & would like to use those points first without touching 2022 points. Can anyone guide my thinking?

To book on the website, you have to check each contract in order. It will take any banked or borrowed from both, but for current UY points, in order to use a specific amount from each, you have to call MS. They have the ability to do it from what people have said.

Question about booking at the 7 month window for you. We have 2 contracts with the same use year. Can you specify how many points you want to use from each contract or is it an either or scenario? Say use 9 points from our AKV contract & the rest from our SSR contract? Or do have to have the entire amount available from that contract? I hope I’m making myself clear. We will have 9 points to bank for AKV this year & would like to use those points first without touching 2022 points. Can anyone guide my thinking?
You will be asked in which order you want the contracts used. The points will be taken from the first contract you designate and then, if additional points are needed, they will be taken from the second contract.

BUT

If you have banked points in either contract they will be used up before any current points are taken, regardless of the order you specify for the contracts.

So if you want all of the banked AKV points to be taken first but you want the rest of the points to come from the SSR contract, you will want to list the SSR first and AKV second.

Just be sure to check you points after you book to make sure you ended up with what you wanted.

Thank you everyone! So it seems my best course of action would be to call member services when the time comes to be sure that points are taken as I want them. If I mess it up I’ll be calling MS anyway! 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter