dvc points

rbake

Earning My Ears
Thinking of buying into dvc. I have a Question. Do the amount of points for a resort go up each year or do they remain the same. If I purchase 300 points will there value remain the same over time?Thanks

Lets see if I can make this as clear as mud.

The total points required to rent a room for the entire year will not change. That is in the contract. DVC does reserve the right to reallocate the number of points. Thus if the rate for a particular room type goes up in one season, it must go down in another season.

So let me get this straight if it costs me 300 points for okw now, in 20 years it still will cost me 300 points to stay there?

...but don't tell anyone; it's a well kept secret!;)

I have another question. Does the maint cost per point go up? or do they remain the same over the length of the contract?and if they do go up how much?

The maintenance cost can go up. The last two years they have gone down. There is a cap on the amount that is can go up in a single year. The cost is based on actual expeditures to maintain the property

Further clarification on the points. It may cost 300 this year for a specific week at OKW. That may change. It may go up or down. But it that week goes up in points. Another week will go down. This has happened once since DVC began.

Thus if the rate for a particular room type goes up in one season, it must go down in another season.

As Robin explained, the points CAN change for a particular night. In practice this has happened only once - at OKW in 1996. Some nights went down a few points- some went up a few points- and most didn't change at all.

DVC has this provision to make better utilization of our points and to balance out the usage. I wouldn't expect much change- if any- in the future either.

Annual fees have increased an average of about 3% per year. The last couple of years some have even decreased. DVC seems to have a good plan to control operating expenses and plan for long term maintenance of the resort facilities.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter