DVC Poly Studio Standard suggestions

scubadiver

Take only pictures, leave only bubbles
We have never stayed at Poly. We will be going in Sept 2020 and staying in a Studio Standard view. Anyone have suggestions on what building, locations or special requests to ask for room selection. We are considering asking for Moorea, because of walkability to TTC.

All of the buildings are walkable to TTC. Whenever I stay there, I request Tokelau upper floor, and have always received it. I request upper floor because there's a chance to get lucky and get a northwestern room that can actually see the fireworks (never got that lucky). But since there won't be any fireworks in Sept 2020 I'd just request the building because Tokelau is closest to the leisure pool and main buildings. If you request Moorea you may get it but the lakeview are all north-facing so you'd be on the other side facing the courtyard, which is still better then Pago Pago which runs a chance of facing the parking lot.

Tokelau is the best all around building for a Poly Studio. View doesn't much matter to us there(when booking STD) but we like a bottom floor room so we can walk right in.

Be warned Moorea is a LONG walk to the Great House and Feature pool.

Be warned Moorea is a LONG walk to the Great House and Feature pool.

Moorea is only about 250ft from Tokelau (lobby to lobby). Even pushing DW in a wheelchair, I don't consider it a LONG walk from Moorea to the Grand Ceremonial House.

Steve

We were in Moorea and loved the location. We didn't spend a lot of time at the pool or ceremonial house though. I loved being able to walk to the TTC to grab a ferry to MK or monorail to EP. Some people also complain of the boat horn noise, but we were in a Standard view (facing the garden side) and the horn noise didn't bother us at all.

Tokelau 3rd floor - got it twice in 2018 as requested. One time facing the pool, one time facing the gardens.

We’ve stayed in Tokelau and Moorea. We like them both for different reasons. Tokelau is closer to the main area. Plus, you can watch the fireworks from the outside stairwell at the end of the building. That was awesome. Moorea is closer to TTC and has a laundry room. We liked walking over TTC and taking the ferry to MK. Some people don’t like hearing the ferry horns though.

Last edited:
I stayed in Moorea last summer. We were lake view but I specifically chose to pay up for lake view so we didn't get stuck with parking lot views in Pago Pago. I for one didn't have an issue with the ferry horns. For context we were 3rd floor lake view in the room closest to the TTC so of it didn't keep me awake there, it shouldn't be a deciding factor against Moorea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter