• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Presentation

gismo1554

DIS Veteran
Morning. So I'm thinking of attending on my upcoming cruise as interested in looking at the offerings. Do you still get free refreshments at the seminar and the chance to win $200?

Last week on the Dream we got either Evian water or a free alcoholic drink. We didn't get any swag unless we won a contest. However, if you stop by the DVC desk in the evening you get a DVC hat. No lanyards on my cruise, although we got some last year.

We've won the $200 twice. Everyone who attends fills out a card and they put all the cards in a box and pull out the winner. We knew we had a good chance of winning on the one presentation we went to because there was only 5 or 6 people in it. Just make sure if it's you and your spouse, you each fill out a card to increase your chances. I saw recently they bumped it up to 3 chances to win during the presentation. One chance at $300 and two chances at $100.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...y-vacation-club-onboard-promotions-june-2019/

Make sure you are there for the drawing. They pulled a card and the people had left. Our card was pulled next. Thank you for leaving early! There was a DVC get together later one evening where cocktails were available. Check the Navigators.

We’re currently in the Wonder and there were free alcoholic drinks on the DVC welcome presentation the first day (which is the one for DVC members). They also had a DVC member mixer (again for DVC members) that had mixed drinks and beer. There is always a $200 stateroom credit raffle on each presentation.

I'm wondering if some people in this thread are mixing up the member welcome event (usually on the first, sometimes 2nd, day) with the sales pitches aimed at non-members that are held several times during the cruise. The member event usually has alcoholic drinks and sometimes a character meet-and-greet, while the regular sales pitches have only bottled water.

As i18mulan mentioned above, some cruises also have a "member mixer" which is different yet again.

At the non member event this year on the Magic I only received water. 3 years ago on the Dream they offered alcohol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter