• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC pull out bed comfort

parith1114

DIS Veteran
Hi friends, I'm looking for advice from anyone that has recently slept in any of the pull out/pull down beds at the Deluxe Vacation Villas. I'm taking my son, daughter, a friend and myself in July. They are all over 18, and I want to make sure we'll all get good rest. Wondering if it would be okay to do a couple studios at Saratoga Springs, or if the pull down bed would be too uncomfortable. Also, looking at Bay Lake Tower or Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani one bedroom, but unsure about those pull outs. Does anyone have an experience with these beds? Thanks in advance.

At SSR, the pull out bed is actually a murphy wall bed which has a real (11 inch thick) mattress. AKV & BLT both still have pull outs which have a much thinner mattress than the murphy bed at SSR.

If we are resorting to the sofa pull outs, we will typically bring a cheap memory foam topper to increase comfort. Not necessary with the murphy pull down beds.

AKV still has the sleeper sofas & IME they are not comfortable because you can feel a bar through the middle of the mattress. I’ve read that the Murphy wall pull downs at the resorts that have them are much more comfortable.

The beach club sofa bed was TERRIBLE. Just there early April. Absolutely terrible. Basically sleeping on 4 inches of padding.

I was in the 1-bedroom at Kidani and that one didnt seem nearly as bad.

The beach club sofa bed was TERRIBLE. Just there early April. Absolutely terrible. Basically sleeping on 4 inches of padding.

I was in the 1-bedroom at Kidani and that one didnt seem nearly as bad.
I’ve slept on the ones in Jambo and they got worse through the years IMO, or maybe I became more picky, anyway I solved that problem by buying more points & sizing up to 2 br.s 😂. Now the sleeper sofa hidabed at VGF was always comfortable, although they’ve just been replaced w/ the Murphy pull down wall units.

The Saratoga pull down beds (and the other resorts that have upgraded to them) are really comfortable. So comfortable in fact that we found the company that makes them and bought one for our daughters room at home and she loves it. (She is over 18 as well).

The newly renovated DVC rooms have Murphy beds so those are going to be far superior to a traditional pull-out. Saratoga has the Murphy bed. BLT and AKL have not been renovated. I have been on the pull-out at Kidani - TERRIBLE. I am 5'3" and little. No good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter