• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dvc purchase Saratoga good deal or not?

Did I pay too much? Saratoga 150 points 97 per point plus 650 closing and maintenance fees.

• Total voters

jrieder

Mouseketeer
Hello did I pay too much or was this a good deal? Saratoga Springs home resort. Paid $97 per point, 150 total points, plus closing fee 650 and maintenance for available points for 2023.

30 year deed.

15000k over 30 years = 500$ per year plus dues to stay Dvc. So is that worth it to you? It’s all about value to you. I paid 97$ per point for okw 2057 12 years ago and gave 0 regrets.

The people over on the DVC boards are super knowledgeable and helpful definitely head on over there for all things DVC!

Let’s put it this way….

If you’re not happy with the deal I’ll gladly write you a check….

SSR is not the kids favorite.
But because of the proximity to the springs
It central location to everything …

And my personal favorite it’s a great place to relax. It make for all around wonderful resort…

I own at SSR bought direct when it was first offered 20 years ago so how could I say it is bad. Value is based on what a person(s) will use and enjoy.
Go to the DVC boards….. I can promise you one thing I have spent way more in dues in 20 years than my buy in making the buy in a few bucks in any direction irrelevant. But I have used and more importantly enjoyed it for the last 20 years.

If you are happy with the deal and it fits your needs, then it is a good deal. Price wise, it is certainly within the averages we are seeing.

Most important is whether or not SSR is the place you will be happy owning, and staying if you can't trade to other resorts (if that is your goal). If you will be, then it works!

If you chose to buy it, it would appear as if it’s in your budget and fair, that’s really all that matters.

In the ROFR post it shows recent sales and is a good indicator of value. A few snagged insanely low contracts at SSR but many around your price point

based on what I paid for SS a year ago that is an amazing deal! Enjoy your points - SS is an awesome resort for several reasons, and those points also are useful at the 7 month mark to snag other resort stays.

I own at SSR bought direct when it was first offered 20 years ago so how could I say it is bad. Value is based on what a person(s) will use and enjoy.
Go to the DVC boards….. I can promise you one thing I have spent way more in dues in 20 years than my buy in making the buy in a few bucks in any direction irrelevant. But I have used and more importantly enjoyed it for the last 20 years.
I have only owned at SSR for 18 years.....
And although I don't stay there a ton, it is one of MY favorite resorts.....

As much as resale PAINS me, I'm actually considering a very large purchase so SSR can become my thanksgiving destination moving forward

As a owner of SSR, I found the value the best overall (one of the lowest initial cost with extended contract length with average dues)

I will be honest, I have not stayed at SSR but have booked (using SSR contract pts) at AKL, VGF, VGC, Poly, BLT so.... is it worth it - I think so!

Once you start using your pts for travel then you will find SSR contract to be "Worth it"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter