• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

dvc questions

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
I thought I had read somewhere that as DVC members we could get a discount at other disney resorts

but now I cant find it now---we want to go with our DS and family and DD and family probably end of Nov beginning Dec 2019

unfortuanlty we dont have enough points so we cant get a villa so we thought just stay in 3 separert rooms at a mod

so my questions are first off do get a % of rooms and can we get 3 rooms with the discount

thanks all

Given that 2018 rates are not yet out, rates for 2019, let alone negotiated discounts for 2019 aren't available yet. The discounts at Disney are non-guaranteed benefits, which means they may or may not be offered 2 years from now.

DVC members do not get discounted rates at all the Disney resorts. What can be available is discounted cash rooms at DVC resorts. For your rooms at a moderate on cash you want to book directly with Disney - DVC can't help.

Members can get 25% off at DVC resorts, subject to availability. You can sometimes do better, I got a 35% off AP discount at BWV once.

Is paying cash for a DVC resort still quite pricey, even with 25% off? Would it be more cost effective to rent points?

Members can get 25% off at DVC resorts, subject to availability. You can sometimes do better, I got a 35% off AP discount at BWV once.
To further clarify, the discount (subject to availability) is through Member Services on cash rooms. These are rooms reserved with points for various reasons and offered on cash.

Plus they used to require that the member stay in the room reserved using the member discount.

My suggestion is to call member services and find out what your options might be. They should have all the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter