DVC Refurbishment Tracker

Just watched Kyle Pallo's Youtube video on BWV. He scored a newly renovated studio. A bit too yellow for my taste but all in all I think it looks really nice. Like most renovations lately it's not highly themed. Disney is going for simplistic, but I am OK with it. With AKL coming soon I hope they don't dumb down the theme so much that it loses that African charm. That would be a sad.
I’m super nervous that they are going to take most of the theming out of the AKV rooms 😢

I’m super nervous that they are going to take most of the theming out of the AKV rooms 😢
I would assume it have a similar level of theming as the refurbished hotel side. Probably/maybe different characters. It seems to be the trend that the DVC side and cash side are complementary styles now.

Just watched Kyle Pallo's Youtube video on BWV. He scored a newly renovated studio. A bit too yellow for my taste but all in all I think it looks really nice. Like most renovations lately it's not highly themed. Disney is going for simplistic, but I am OK with it. With AKL coming soon I hope they don't dumb down the theme so much that it loses that African charm. That would be a sad.
Can you link the video? AFAIK they’re not starting the renovation for another 2 months.

The tour is of the renovated rooms on the hotel side. I agree, a little too yellow. Anxiously awaiting sneak peeks of the villas when they start!

The tour is of the renovated rooms on the hotel side. I agree, a little too yellow. Anxiously awaiting sneak peeks of the villas when they start!
Good catch. That tour is of the hotel room and not the villas... sorry everyone.

Ditto! The unknown is killing me. We won't be staying there again until the beginning of June 2024 and I'm cautiously optimistic the refurb will be complete by then... :rolleyes1
Just got the summer issue of the Disney Files. On page 16, it has into on refurbs. For BWV it says:

"Beginning this fall and continuing in waves through next spring, crews will install new flooring, update bathrooms, hang new artwork and replace select furniture throughout Disney's Boardwalk Resort, including its Disney Vacation villas."

Also info on HHI, BCV, and VB. Too much to retype from a tablet or phone

Just got the summer issue of the Disney Files. On page 16, it has into on refurbs. For BWV it says:

"Beginning this fall and continuing in waves through next spring, crews will install new flooring, update bathrooms, hang new artwork and replace select furniture throughout Disney's Boardwalk Resort, including its Disney Vacation villas."

😍 Thank you! I'll be anxiously stalking my mailbox for the new issue popcorn::.

That's great. We stayed at a BWV studio back in May and it felt very tired, especially the bathroom.

Can you post a link? The only one I could find was a year old. AFAIK, they haven't started the refurb on the villa side yet.

Throwing another inventory disruption onto the pile in 2024 as an unannounced refurb candidate: Old Key West, starting in May(ish).

Looks like there's a notable inventory disruption starting in May 2024, but it's hard to determine exact date with how inventory was removed. Inventory was only reduced on non-NHH units at this time. Considering OKW is due for a soft goods refresh in 2024 according to the 7/14yr pattern, this is very plausibly due to a refurb. An alternate explanation is rooms were removed from DVC inventory so Disney could rent them out as cash reservations, though the volume and mix of rooms has me doubt this slightly.

This is the third recent notable inventory disruption that aligns with an anticipated, but unannounced, refurb. BLT and CC Villas/Main Building also have signs of significant inventory disruptions that might indicate a refurbishment. BLT's starts late April, CCV's starts late May.

SSR Treehouses might also be undergoing refurbishment in the first half of 2024, or there might be other factors in play why the inventory is reduced, such as being taken from inventory for cash reservations. Without getting into specific numbers, I'm not confident the ongoing inventory disruption for the Treehouses is due to a refurb, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it is the refurb.

Throwing another inventory disruption onto the pile in 2024 as an unannounced refurb candidate: Old Key West, starting in May(ish).

Looks like there's a notable inventory disruption starting in May 2024, but it's hard to determine exact date with how inventory was removed. Inventory was only reduced on non-NHH units at this time. Considering OKW is due for a soft goods refresh in 2024 according to the 7/14yr pattern, this is very plausibly due to a refurb. An alternate explanation is rooms were removed from DVC inventory so Disney could rent them out as cash reservations, though the volume and mix of rooms has me doubt this slightly.

This is the third recent notable inventory disruption that aligns with an anticipated, but unannounced, refurb. BLT and CC Villas/Main Building also have signs of significant inventory disruptions that might indicate a refurbishment. BLT's starts late April, CCV's starts late May.

SSR Treehouses might also be undergoing refurbishment in the first half of 2024, or there might be other factors in play why the inventory is reduced, such as being taken from inventory for cash reservations. Without getting into specific numbers, I'm not confident the ongoing inventory disruption for the Treehouses is due to a refurb, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it is the refurb.
The realization that full inventory is available to see buried on the DVC site seems to be a very recent development, so I don’t think there’s a lot of historical context as to what normal is, and if a pattern is abnormal or not.

So I feel like we need a second piece of information pointing us that way before we can confirm.

The realization that full inventory is available to see buried on the DVC site seems to be a very recent development, so I don’t think there’s a lot of historical context as to what normal is, and if a pattern is abnormal or not.

So I feel like we need a second piece of information pointing us that way before we can confirm.
The inventory count could be seen since 2018 when I bought. I just think it wasn’t really realized until recently. But back a couple years ago I did highlight it on here with a couple others.

I think we now have people doing it for commerce so that seems to be really making it main stream. Disney could get rid of it if they feel we shouldn’t see it.

But I’m happy people are using it for the good of the membership.

This is what I’m excited about, and I hope it happens. Everyone is talking about the Fort Wilderness Cabins (and I am, too). I think the treehouses have equal, if not more, appeal if they are refurbed nicely.

Not new to some of us. I've been monitoring my favorite resorts for many months 😊

Just started monitoring OKW when I started this thread, though. Figured I could put my monitoring to good use for the forum and not just monitoring the resorts I want to stay at the most.

The weird thing about the inventory disruption at OKW, while significant, is that it was backdated. It's not like 5/26 was full and then 5/27 it was a lot lower with 5/26 remaining full inventory. It was full inventory on X/YZ then when I checked the next night it was a lot lower, but that lower inventory suddenly went back weeks. Due to bookings, I can't tell when the lower inventory starts.

This is what I’m excited about, and I hope it happens. Everyone is talking about the Fort Wilderness Cabins (and I am, too). I think the treehouses have equal, if not more, appeal if they are refurbed nicely.
Treehouses were one of the first ones I started monitoring, back in March! We want to stay in them but are happy to wait until after a refurb. If I had to guess, Treehouse refurb starts in mid/late Feb 2024, but I'm confident enough to put that on tracker.

How can you tell there's an inventory disruption? I want to keep my eye out for one at VGC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter