• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Refurbishment Tracker

Anyone else notice that the booking engine has April blocked off for VGC. It was like this the other night but I thought it was a fluke. Just checked again and April 2024 is all greyed out for me.

1688965655766.png

I know we aren't supposed to post availability but this is to show what I'm seeing more for refurb speculation so I hope admins will be kind :)

Checked both of my contracts and both regular and assessable rooms and from the random room types I checked all show this... Could this mean they are moving early for VGC. I doubt it, but this would be awesome.

Anyone else notice that the booking engine has April blocked off for VGC. It was like this the other night but I thought it was a fluke. Just checked again and April 2024 is all greyed out for me.

View attachment 776405

I know we aren't supposed to post availability but this is to show what I'm seeing more for refurb speculation so I hope admins will be kind :)

Checked both of my contracts and both regular and assessable rooms and from the random room types I checked all show this... Could this mean they are moving early for VGC. I doubt it, but this would be awesome.
What is weird is that it says my night is available when I search but the calendar looks like yours.

View attachment 776405

This can happen when the availability doesn't load, it's not a sign of a lack of availability. Look for the PTS/night to show up in each date to indicate availability has successfully loaded:
Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 7.43.43 AM.png
(not VGC)

MAJOR EDIT: I've never seen this before. Checking out the JSON response, this isn't a 'failed to load' scenario as I assert above. There is a response and the response for availability is [ ]. I suppose there's a non-zero chance this is a refurb.

I think it's weird that it looks unavailable and doesn't even show the points. But when clicking those dates, it says they are available. So thinking it's some sort of glitch. I'll be curious to see if it changes. I'll be booking our June 2024 dates soon so keeping my fingers crossed that they won't pull a bunch of rooms for refurb just yet.

I’d be curious if it lets you book a room. All categories seem to have availability at least some days in a regular search…

I’d be curious if it lets you book a room. All categories seem to have availability at least some days in a regular search…
I'd test but I'd have to borrow VGC points I don't want to borrow, and I don't trust the 'cancel this reservation with no penalty' functionality to unborrow.

EDIT: Search is now showing availability properly again anyway.

I could probably be talked into a 5/10 pattern, any more and I might be more concerned about vacation disruption. Would want to know the dues increase though.
I agree a 5/10 seems reasonable. I love Riviera but those rooms look a little rough already at almost 4 years (but better than a lot of others I think it’s more obvious being the first of the current generation of style/refurb). But in general I think DVC owners on average are very hard on rooms, in particular studios with people trying to cook meals, etc.

I talked to some maintenance staff there late at night and they told me that everyday usually at least 1 room is left trashed. I think Disney needs to do better in charging for stuff like that then reinvest back into the units.

I also think as owners we should fill out feedback on the rooms as the housekeeping staff just doesn’t have the time to notice issues. I usually fill out feedback letting them now: x is broken, y needs a better cleaning, etc. The staff just doesn’t have time to notice it with the 100% occupancy rate. Though I always note: I’m pleased with the unit and cleanliness but given I’m staying in the unit I notice issues so I’m passing them along to help out.

As an aside I think CCV has held up amazingly.

As an aside I think CCV has held up amazingly.
That might just be luck of the draw. We haven't stayed in the villa side, but the Cabin we were in in May had a really beat up sofa. The 'leather' had delaminated in multiple spots and it really needed to be reupholstered or replaced. Was happy to hear they're undergoing a soft goods next spring as we plan to go back.

Both Cabins we've been in had damaged mantles above the fireplace, as if large objects hit them. Seems like a thing for hard goods though and wood damage kinda 'works' in the theme.

I could probably be talked into a 5/10 pattern, any more and I might be more concerned about vacation disruption. Would want to know the dues increase though.
I'm very curious about VGF and the resort studios since they are the same as the cash rooms. Will resort studios fall off the DVC cycle of 7/14 to match the cash side? Will this also impact the original VGF building? Resort studios will need a soft goods next whereas the original building will need a hard goods.

I'm very curious about VGF and the resort studios since they are the same as the cash rooms. Will resort studios fall off the DVC cycle of 7/14 to match the cash side? Will this also impact the original VGF building? Resort studios will need a soft goods next whereas the original building will need a hard goods.
It will probably be like SSR where the Treehouses, which were built several years after the condo-like buildings, are on a completely separate refurbishment schedule.

Is ******* the goto for #subsidized Aulani contracts as well as FW contracts? Is Bee Thaxton based in HI??

Two new Mar UY #subsidized AUL contracts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter