• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC rental- missing party on reservation

Miggie

Earning My Ears
We rented points to stay at Copper Creek, starting tomorrow. When it was doing the pre-check in on MDE this afternoon I saw only my husband is on the reservation. I checked the rental contract from David’s Vacation Rental and all 5 of us are listed; David’s also sent me a screen shot of what the owner of the points submitted to Disney and all 5 of us are listed. They have asked the owner of the points to contact the powers that be to correct whatever happened on Disney’s end, but mentioned that he only has until midnight tonight to address this with Disney. I’ve printed the rental contract and screen shot showing all 5 names to bring to Copper Creek/Wilderness Lodge tomorrow when we check in. I guess I’m looking for reassurance as I am looking to utilize the early entry and 7 am ILL$ purchases. Anyone else run into this and have a successful resolution?

The owner can add people to the reservation online. It is very easy. They only scanned 1 magic band out of our party for early entry at Epcot the other morning. If they scan everyone’s band, the person not on the reservation won’t show as a Disney guest.

The owner can add people to the reservation online. It is very easy. They only scanned 1 magic band out of our party for early entry at Epcot the other morning. If they scan everyone’s band, the person not on the reservation won’t show as a Disney guest.
The problem is the owner added us already- I have the screenshot to show he did it correctly back when we booked his points. It just somehow hasn’t translated to MDE. My husband does not rope drop so if they can’t fix this at the front desk I guess no early entry for us, which stinks. My question is if this is something they can likely fix when we check in tomorrow?

It might just be your account they are not listed on. Try logging into his and authorize the accounts to se each other. I had this issue with ADRs that my husband booked.
I tried this too and it didn’t work. I chatted with Disney this afternoon and they said there was nothing they could do and to reach out to the points owner, which I did through David’s. The paper trail is solid and it makes sense that my husband wouldn’t rent a 2 bedroom villa for just himself and make his wife, kids and mother-in-law sleep on the sidewalk (well, maybe the mother-in-law). I just have last minute jitters that they’ll say there’s nothing they can do when we arrive at the resort.

Are you looking at MDE online or in the app?
Both. Both MDE and The website are showing my husband as the only occupant. But the Lease and screenshot from the booking itself list all 5 of us, so something got lost on Disney’s end somehow.

@CamillaF Thanks for the encouragement-
I’m not expecting to get a lot done at AK tomorrow, so if I have to burn a bunch of time at the check in desk tomorrow it doesn’t bother me. I am just worried they’ll say it’s impossible.

Both. Both MDE and The website are showing my husband as the only occupant. But the Lease and screenshot from the booking itself list all 5 of us, so something got lost on Disney’s end somehow.

@CamillaF Thanks for the encouragement-
I’m not expecting to get a lot done at AK tomorrow, so if I have to burn a bunch of time at the check in desk tomorrow it doesn’t bother me. I am just worried they’ll say it’s impossible.

If you manage to get it done at AK, contact David's immediately so the owner can make sure Disney front desk didn't screw up and take more points. Cuz there are reports that the front desk screws that up a lot. Like they "cancel" the reservation and do a new one, which they aren't supposed to do.

You could try linking the reservation number to your own MDE, it probably won’t help but it can’t hurt 😬

If you manage to get it done at AK, contact David's immediately so the owner can make sure Disney front desk didn't screw up and take more points. Cuz there are reports that the front desk screws that up a lot. Like they "cancel" the reservation and do a new one, which they aren't supposed to do.
Yikes, this is scary! I sure hope this doesn’t happen. I’ll ask a lot of questions during the process and follow up with David’s. How I wish I did the pre-check-in before this afternoon.

I’ll try this- never occurred to me… I was afraid to mess up more.
I tried this now and it didn’t work. Worth a shot anyway! My first place tomorrow upon arrival will be Guest Services and hope for the best. I’ll update the thread tomorrow either way just in case anyone else has the same problem in the future.

Yikes, this is scary! I sure hope this doesn’t happen. I’ll ask a lot of questions during the process and follow up with David’s. How I wish I did the pre-check-in before this afternoon.

Anytime I rent points, as soon as I get the confirmation number, I link the reservation to MDE (even though the confirmation I get has all the correct names). I did just check MDE for my upcoming trip and all my people are listed and I'm the only one with MDE so no one else traveling with me can do it unless they want to create a Disney account and they don't want to, lol.

Anytime I rent points, as soon as I get the confirmation number, I link the reservation to MDE (even though the confirmation I get has all the correct names). I did just check MDE for my upcoming trip and all my people are listed and I'm the only one with MDE so no one else traveling with me can do it unless they want to create a Disney account and they don't want to, lol.
I’m glad your reservation works and this isn’t systemic! I did link our reservation as soon as I got the confirmation number. Thinking back all those months ago, when I linked our park tickets shortly after the reservation confirmation, my husband’s ticket, etc. on MDE went missing despite having a ticket. He called Disney and they fixed that, but I wonder if they accidentally did something else that made the reservation wonky for the rest of us. 🤔 Oh well, I’m taking deep breaths and hope for the best!

DVC doesn't charge you extra for more people so worst case scenario you have to have them add the rest of your party on at the front desk and that wastes a little of your time.

If it's his reservation, he has to go into his MDE and match up the people to his "friends." You need to figure out what HIS MDE says. You can't fix it, he has to.

Even if the owner did it right with DVC, he has to do his part on his MDE.

I hope this is resolved easily for you.

If there were changes in the reservation, from experience I know that each time that happens it knocked everyone off of it on MDE and I had to re-match people. I had a 3 resort stay that ended today and each time something changed...off we went.

DVC doesn't charge you extra for more people so worst case scenario you have to have them add the rest of your party on at the front desk and that wastes a little of your time.
I had to do this earlier this year, but since I had already checked in, the front desk had to hold my room, cancel my reservation, and remake it with the correct people listed. It wasn't a huge deal for me since I was the owner of the points, but I don't know how/if that would work with a rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter