DVC Rental Store to rent my points

I requested a room only reservation 11 months ago for this coming weekend. I really liked the agent that helped me out. She was very friendly and responsive. And luckily for me, a DVC owner responded right away to get me a reservation. I’d use them again in the future.

I requested a room only reservation 11 months ago for this coming weekend. I really liked the agent that helped me out. She was very friendly and responsive. And luckily for me, a DVC owner responded right away to get me a reservation. I’d use them again in the future.
Thank you. It looks like you are going to AKV. Have a great trip.

I cannot speak as a having used them to rent points, but I have used them to rent a reservation. I can also speak to the integrity of both the founder and the current owner as both are good friends. The founder is a lifelong friend. I played baseball with him and went to school with him all my life. The integrity of the entire World of DVC team is beyond reproach, and some of the nicest people you will ever meet or deal with. Even during the fiascos that followed all the Covid lockdowns, I never saw one post complaining about he DVC Rental Store on any forum, and that was some pretty elite air when all that was going on.

If you can't trust these guys, there's nobody out there for you. I'm just being honest and I do not have a dog in this fight at all.

I .just made my first rental with them today. I had emailed a few months ago saying I had 150 points expiring 9/30, and got an mail from them today asking if they were still available and was I still interested in renting them. I replied yes and got an email with all the info to complete the reservation. Was a very simple process. I completed the booking and replied with the reservation number. The email from them included information on the payment protocols, so mission accomplished! So hopefully within a month or so we will get the first check🙂

I .just made my first rental with them today. I had emailed a few months ago saying I had 150 points expiring 9/30, and got an mail from them today asking if they were still available and was I still interested in renting them. I replied yes and got an email with all the info to complete the reservation. Was a very simple process. I completed the booking and replied with the reservation number. The email from them included information on the payment protocols, so mission accomplished! So hopefully within a month or so we will get the first check🙂
Thank you for your reply. you said you emailed them a few months ago---how many months? I was expecting maybe a month with the glut of unused points on the market, and all the already confirmed reservations, but not several months. I don't see a phone number to call. I have filled out the required paperwork, but have not heard back that my points are in que. Wondering, since they have not replied to tell me my points are on the list.

Thank you for your reply. you said you emailed them a few months ago---how many months? I was expecting maybe a month with the glut of unused points on the market, and all the already confirmed reservations, but not several months. I don't see a phone number to call. I have filled out the required paperwork, but have not heard back that my points are in que. Wondering, since they have not replied to tell me my points are on the list.
As far as I know, they don't really have a "list" of member points per se. Although you can create a login and set up for their "point matching" where you'll get notified if a request comes in that matches the points you list. However, the way I usually rent my points through them is by going to the open listings page here and claiming any reservation that closely matches what I'm looking to rent. In that case, they typically respond immediately with the booking details as these are specific requests that have already been made by potential renters.

ETA: I guess I kind of contradicted myself with the first two sentences there. If you use the point matching feature, I guess it means they must have a "list" of member points to be matched. I've used that before with success but typically use the open listings feature instead.

Last edited:
As far as I know, they don't really have a "list" of member points per se. Although you can create a login and set up for their "point matching" where you'll get notified if a request comes in that matches the points you list. However, the way I usually rent my points through them is by going to the open listings page here and claiming any reservation that closely matches what I'm looking to rent. In that case, they typically respond immediately with the booking details as these are specific requests that have already been made by potential renters.

ETA: I guess I kind of contradicted myself with the first two sentences there. If you use the point matching feature, I guess it means they must have a "list" of member points to be matched. I've used that before with success but typically use the open listings feature instead.

Thanks for sharing, That is an interesting set up. I don’t think I would rent again via a broker, but if I did, this Is a nice feature to get things rented quickly if you do have high in demand resort points to rent!

Thanks for sharing, That is an interesting set up. I don’t think I would rent again via a broker, but if I did, this Is a nice feature to get things rented quickly if you do have high in demand resort points to rent!
Yes, that and the higher payouts vs. David's is what first drew me to pick them. Quick is certainly a good word to use. When you claim one of that list you get the guest's details within minutes (unless of course you claim them after hours in which case they emailed me early the next morning with the guest's details). After providing them the confirmation number, 75% of the funds are usually in my PayPal the next day. In some instances, the 75% came same day. In other rare circumstances, it took 3 days. Either way, a very fast and easy process!

I am thinking of going thru them so. Do you get a 1099 from them if you go thru them? Just thinking if there are any tax implications.

I am thinking of going thru them so. Do you get a 1099 from them if you go thru them? Just thinking if there are any tax implications.
Yes they do issue a 1099 but the tax implications are no different whether you get a 1099 or not.

I cannot speak as a having used them to rent points, but I have used them to rent a reservation. I can also speak to the integrity of both the founder and the current owner as both are good friends. The founder is a lifelong friend. I played baseball with him and went to school with him all my life. The integrity of the entire World of DVC team is beyond reproach, and some of the nicest people you will ever meet or deal with. Even during the fiascos that followed all the Covid lockdowns, I never saw one post complaining about he DVC Rental Store on any forum, and that was some pretty elite air when all that was going on.

If you can't trust these guys, there's nobody out there for you. I'm just being honest and I do not have a dog in this fight at all.

I would have agreed with you on the above until today. I purchased cancel for any reason protection from them on my Aulani trip and now that I am cancelling I am having issues getting my refund. Lauren, my original agent, no longer works there. Do you know someone there who can help me sort out my situation? Thanks and sorry to hijack the thread! :)

Edited to add that they took care of my issue and were very professional in how they handled it. I would not hesitate to work with them again.

Last edited:
I rented through DVC Rental Store in September for our family trip. We stayed in an AKL Kidani 2 br. Service through DVC Rental Store was awesome, my rep Kate was super easy to work with and we got a great deal. I would(and will) do it again.

You said they typically respond immediately?

I did the open listing selection and haven't heard back from the DVC Rental Store yet. Going on 2+ hours since since the selection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter